Thread: IL-2 Great Battles Screenshots Thread

Default IL-2 Great Battles Screenshots Thread

Thread for all your favorite IL-2 Great Battles screenshots. Planes, Tanks, Ships, whatever. As long as it is Great Battles related it is a go.
    I have had the sim since 2013 and never installed it. I am one of those hundreds with the "Founders" forum rank on the BoS forums.
    I finally broke down and installed it last night, 21 July, 2019, and saw what I had been missing. Holy crow!!

These are the first screenshots I took. I had to optimize the images since the raw ones were too large, by kb size, for the Gallery at M4T.

The first one is right before I finished the install when it asks you to choose a mouse or joystick for game play.

The next two are after bailing out of my Bf 109G-6 hanging in my chute since I didn't take the time to learn any of the key mappings before I ran a quick mission.

The last one is from my foray into the tank corps.

Spent about three hours running around in T-34's and Tigers blowing things up. They are a heck of a lot of fun!

Wheels
    Last edited by wheelsup_cavu; 07-22-2019 at 09:31 PM.

Hopefully we will set up a DServer on the XO's server machine and we can really try out this sim. Looking into the future for the 352ndVFG.

Well Pers and I got the dserver running.

I even had a convertible 109 on the server for a bit.

One shouldn't open the canopy in flight...

I ran a few Quick missions with the tanks. My T-34 made a complete mess of several tanks and even a train later!

I shot one vehicle on the bridge and the others couldn't cross.

Plus I downloaded some missions and got them installed and running.

Imo not too shabby for just a couple of day.

Wheels
    Attached Images Attached Images

Do not follow too closely if your wingman has not dropped their rocket tubes !!

too_close_for_comfort-00.jpg too_close_for_comfort-01.jpg too_close_for_comfort-02.jpg

Wheels

Default New skies....

First Flight.....

Last edited by 352nd Oscar; 12-08-2019 at 12:03 PM.
    "War has a grim purpose and is extremely complex. Sophisticated planning and doctrine are present at every level. Yet at the point of fire battle is the essence of chaos and violence."

Nice one Oscar.

Wheels

Glad to have you back, Oscar.

Misc Shots...…

(Solved my screenshot hosting problem....)

"War has a grim purpose and is extremely complex. Sophisticated planning and doctrine are present at every level. Yet at the point of fire battle is the essence of chaos and violence."

Never outta sight..... A fond remembrance and treasured keepsake!