Thread: Jsgme

Default Jsgme

Simple truth.... If you don't have JSGME installed (yes, a separate install from your IL2 version) and configured for DCS World then you're going to have problems with mods and DCS Updates

Here's a ED Forum post on how to set it up:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98607

Follow it to the letter and you can't go wrong.

If you haven't done this, STOP, and go do it now! It will save your butt......
    Last edited by 352nd Oscar; 01-03-2017 at 06:02 AM.
    "War has a grim purpose and is extremely complex. Sophisticated planning and doctrine are present at every level. Yet at the point of fire battle is the essence of chaos and violence."

Good post, Oscar. One caveat; the links to jsgme.exe in the Eagle forums point to sites that, at least in my system, are marked problematic; for example the second one threw a Flash Update screen that linked to what was apparent to me to be a phony Flash update site. BEWARE.

Blue Nosers can get a copy of jsgme.exe from our ftp site, or if you don't have access PM me for a direct download link.
    Pers

Ahh, isn't he such an Angel?
    How could you possibly shoot at him?

Sorry. Absolutely right. For Step 1., get the JSGME from our FTP site.
    Also, if you need assistance, please let me know and I'll walk you through it....eazy-pezzy.
    "War has a grim purpose and is extremely complex. Sophisticated planning and doctrine are present at every level. Yet at the point of fire battle is the essence of chaos and violence."

I had a problem with one of the mods I tries to install. It was the P-38 from Hawkeye60. He worked with me and I found another way to place a mod, for a plane anyway, in either build and not affect in any way any update.

What he had me do is this;
    Make the folder for the modded plane as instructed but place the folder in your Saved Games/DCS version/MODS/aircraft folder.
    Right now I have the A6M 2 Zero, Boeing B17-E, Heinkel He-111H 16, Messerschmitt Bf-110 G2, Mitsubishi G4M1 Model 11, and the P-38L Lightning folder within my
    Saved Games/DCS/Mods/aircraft folder and the game has been updated many times with no ill effects to either the mods or the game itself

I thought TC was the "King of MODs", before we even get out of the gate we are Modding the game. I admit that I have modded the cockpit of the 51 and Spit, but I am very careful about modding anything that involves aircraft beyond paint of markings.

RJ

"The most important branch of aviation is pursuit, which fights for and gains control of the air"
    U.S. Brigadier General William Mitchell

Well, I know Deacons are working because his footprints are all over the back of Hawkeye in the forum about this and his other "Warbirds" series. For those that don't know, this is a half-a$$ed attempt to make non-flyable aircraft, flyable. We did this in the old days so we could fly various "LockOn" aircraft.

As for any other "mods", I'll not be recommending any unless I've throughly tested them and they have some relevance to our WWII aspirations, or are a temporary fix for something. Example, I know there are mods to add WWII tanks and vehicles, but, those same vehicles are in the Normandy Map release, so I wouldn't recommend those....we just don't need them right now so close to the maps release. Wasted effort. However, I might recommend the Merlin Sound Mod as it "brightens" that howling V12 quite a bit. We'll see as time goes on. When we used MODMAN, things got out of hand quickly.... I personally will be trying to avoid that.