Thread: Merry Christmas 352nd

Default Merry Christmas 352nd

Geeze, I don't even know where to start with this post..... it's been soooooo long since I was here and I'm sure much has changed since I rotated "stateside".

First off, a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to every member of the Bluenosers!

The bad news and l won't dwell; in Dec 2013 I had a massive coronary which lead to a quad-bypass. Took awhile to get over that believe me.... I don't recommend it to anyone. Then in April 2015 (while on a trip visiting the 8th AF Museum in Savanah) I had another heart attack which put off for a while as well. So, now I'm carrying around a good chunk of metal in my chest to keep things in check. I'm still going to work everyday, I walk 3 miles a day, and I have to look at a steak from about 3 miles away now, but hey! I'm not pushing up daisies, so I guess I can't complain.

I haven't done any gaming or flying since before all this started. I wouldnt even know where to begin at this point. Pers and Deacon have both told me that my bird, or what's left of it, is laying back in trees behind the 328th maintenance area and I'd pretty much have to requisition a new one. I don't have a cockpit (hotas) anymore either, so that would be a real problem as well.

BUT, I can be a bartender over a Jinkers Place; listen to the new pilots bitch and complain, tell old war stories, and swap lies...so, if the position is open, I'll sit here, hand out drinks, and remember what was.....

Blue Skies!
    352nd Oscar
    (Roger Lavender)
    "War has a grim purpose and is extremely complex. Sophisticated planning and doctrine are present at every level. Yet at the point of fire battle is the essence of chaos and violence."

Great to hear from you Oscar!!!!
    Have a very Merry Christmas and keep yourself well you ba***rd you.

I know the guys, me included, the relatively new ba***rd, want to hear from you again. We still fly on Fridays at 5:00 - 8:00 PM Pacific Time and Sundays 4:00 to 7:00 PM Pacific Time.
    Here is link to TeamSpeak to get you started. https://www.teamspeak.com/downloads

Wheels

Tampa, Florida, USA, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy

Have a

Merry Christmas
    Happy Hanukkah
    Happy Kwanzaa
    Festive Yule
    Blessed Solstice

and Happy New Year!

...whatever your beliefs.

-Irish