+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Aar, 05232014

Default Aar, 05232014

AAR, 05232014 to 05242014 depending on your time zone.

Once again I delved into the intricacies of online play and had a blast. Yep, I met the ground at full speed and created a smoking hole in the terrain on more than one of my sorties. At least my burning funeral pyres marked the target area for everyone else.

Something else I figured out today while practicing attacking tanks using the Me-410 is that I was not firing my cannon at the tanks. I was only firing weapon number one which is the machine guns and not weapon number two which is the cannon. It's no wonder why I wasn't causing any damage to them when I thought was on target.

**Flight 1 (Success - sort of...)
    This was to be a bombing mission in an attempt to take out tanks south of Crell?
    I never could tell if I was dropping my bombs since no one was in the area when I dropped on the tanks on my first pass. When I made a second pass I was being directed onto the target and when I tried to release my bombs I was told nothing was being dropped. Either I dropped them on the first pass and missed everything or I have some more Controls problems I need to get sorted. The only thing good about this mission was that I got up and down in one piece from the correct airfield.
    This flight lasted 19 minutes.

**Flight 2
    Once again I flew to the area south of Crell in an attempt to take out the tanks. I thought I was hitting them but nothing was happening to them so I kept flying lower and lower in an attempt to take at least one of them out. Eventually this ended up in my impacting the terrain and creating on of those oh so helpful funeral pyres of smoke....
    This flight lasted 13 minutes.

**Flight 3
    Flight three was a carbon copy of flight two. No difference in the results. No tanks taken out and one more plane scratched.
    This flight lasted 15 minutes.

**Flight 4
    This flight was supposed to be a bombing mission on the tanks once again. This one ended quite abruptly while I was being directed onto the target. I hit the bail out key combo instead of the open bomb bay doors open/close key combo and watched in disbelief as my plane flew into the terrain without me for once. Too bad it didn't fly into the tank column
    This flight lasted 3 minutes.

**Flight 5
    Took out another plane from stores to bomb the tanks around Crell. I was en route when the last of the enemy tanks was taken out by one of our Tiger tanks. Was told to fly back to the airbase and land and switch aircraft.
    This flight lasted 8 minutes.

**Flight 6 (Success)
    This flight ended up being a recon mission.
    I was the last one out and by the time I got to the target area everyone was heading back to base. Deacon was still in the target area so I was told to follow him around so I wouldn't get lost. The big plus for Deacon in this mission was that the other team would have a soft target to take out if they showed up.
    Nothing was spotted during the recon so I followed Deacon back to our airbase and landed.
    This flight lasted 13 minutes.

**Flight 7
    This was an attempted Ferry Mission. Shortly after getting airborne I was kicked from the server.
    Flight 7 does not show as a ferry attempt in the server stats and there is no logged flight time.

**Flight 8
    This was an attempted Supply Mission.
    Flight 8 does show as a Supply attempt in the server stats but there is no logged flight time. From a points standpoint it was my best mission of the night...

The main thing I am happy about is that I only took out another team member once and that was on the ground. I saw an empty field in front of me and tried to takeoff since I thought everyone had already spawned. I won't make that mistake more than two or three hundred more times.

Wheels

If you are not seeing a message on the right side of the screen as things like "gear up" and "Weapon out of ammo" go into your game folder's i18n folder and see if there is a file there called hud_msg_ru.properties. If so, rename it so it doesn't load. You should have a file called hud_msg.properties. That is the file that will display the messages but apparently won't if the _ru file exists.

Hope this helps (this is sent from memory so I could be wrong ..... don't delete anything, simply rename it so if I *am* wrong nothing will be damaged).
    Pers

Ahh, isn't he such an Angel?
    How could you possibly shoot at him?

Quote Originally Posted by 352nd Persecutor View Post
    If you are not seeing a message on the right side of the screen as things like "gear up" and "Weapon out of ammo" go into your game folder's i18n folder and see if there is a file there called hud_msg_ru.properties. If so, rename it so it doesn't load. You should have a file called hud_msg.properties. That is the file that will display the messages but apparently won't if the _ru file exists.

Hope this helps (this is sent from memory so I could be wrong ..... don't delete anything, simply rename it so if I *am* wrong nothing will be damaged).
    The reason I wasn't seeing those messages is that I had moved the in game map in such a way that it covered the area where those messages are shown. I moved the map and miracle of miracles I could see the messages again.

Wheels

+ Reply to Thread