Thread: DCS World and JSGME

Default DCS World and JSGME

Its inevitable, at some point you are going to want to mod DCW World.

Its your luck day, because the same tool we used to modify IL2 can be successfully used to modify DCS World - JSGME.

Here's a ED Forum post on how to set it up:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.ph...ighlight=JSGME

It will save your butt......
    "War has a grim purpose and is extremely complex. Sophisticated planning and doctrine are present at every level. Yet at the point of fire battle is the essence of chaos and violence."

Somewhere around here I have the newest version of JSGME (if I'm not mistaken its development has been abandoned?). I'll try and find the latest version and upload it to our ftp server.

If I'm wrong and JSGME is still under development, anyone know where it can be found?
    Pers

Ahh, isn't he such an Angel?
    How could you possibly shoot at him?

I uploaded JSGME Version 2.6.0 to the FTP Server under Utilities. If someone has a newer version, feel free to overwrite mine.
    "War has a grim purpose and is extremely complex. Sophisticated planning and doctrine are present at every level. Yet at the point of fire battle is the essence of chaos and violence."

I saw this but figured that TC would have jumped on the bandwagon long ago. I'm not sure if we should or should not get into MODS in the way we have with IL2. But with JSGME, we can always fly vanilla version by switching everything over to the left side, can't we?

Quote Originally Posted by 352nd_Deacon View Post
    I saw this but figured that TC would have jumped on the bandwagon long ago. I'm not sure if we should or should not get into MODS in the way we have with IL2. But with JSGME, we can always fly vanilla version by switching everything over to the left side, can't we?
    Haven't seem any mods for DCS p-51 as of lately so right now I don't have a need for JSGME. Unless the Skin you sent is consider a mod? TC

Yes, in the DCS World, player made skins are considered "mods"; as in, not included as a part of the original software distribution.

But skins don't need to go into a MODS folder. They can be placed into Program files/Eagle Dynamics/DCS world/Bazar/Liveries/P-51D folder inside the name of the skin folder such as "excaliber".
    They will only show up in MP in those pilots that have those skins in their P-51D folder. If you have them in your P-51D folder, they will show up in any SP missions that have that skin selected for your plane.