Thread: ok HSFX 5.1 issue Russian text in campaign

Default ok HSFX 5.1 issue Russian text in campaign

how Do I get my campaigns back to english in the HSFX version. it was ok untill I installed the 352nd crosschannel map.

I don't understand why the CCM would affect the English/Russian aspect of HSFX because the CCM is built into HSFX, at least in version 5.0.1. In any event, if you look in your game folders you'll see that in the DGen, NGen, and Missions/Campaign folder structure there are .dat and .properties files whose file names end in the string "_ru"; i.e., 20730-0_ru.properties (this file name is an example, you probably won't have it on your system -- but you will have plenty of others).

In every case where you start a campaign or mission and a file exists on your system with the _ru string as the last three characters in its file name, the game will load the content of that file by default and you will see information displayed in the Russian language.

The solution is to go through every folder in the DGen, NGen, and Campaign folders and identify every file with the "_ru" extension and delete it, or move it out of the game's path. Personally I don't like to delete stuff (even though I don't speak or read Russian and have absolutely no need for the file) so I make a folder called "RU Files" in the same location as the files I've identified and move all of them into it. The game won't load anything in the "RU Files" folder. The result is that I see the campaign and mission names in English (since English is the language on my computer system).

I've no idea why adding the CCM to your game structure caused that issue, but a solution is to remove the file names that end in "_ru" (not the extension, the file name) in the folders I've described.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by 352nd Persecutor; 08-28-2011 at 09:49 AM.
    Pers

Ahh, isn't he such an Angel?
    How could you possibly shoot at him?

Quote Originally Posted by 352nd Persecutor View Post
    I don't understand why the CCM would affect the English/Russian aspect of HSFX because the CCM is built into HSFX, at least in version 5.0.1. In any event, if you look in your game folders you'll see that in the DGen, NGen, and Missions/Campaign folder structure there are .dat and .properties files whose file names end in the string "_ru"; i.e., 20730-0_ru.properties (this file name is an example, you probably won't have it on your system -- but you will have plenty of others).

In every case where you start a campaign or mission and a file exists on your system with the _ru string as the last three characters in its file name, the game will load the content of that file by default and you will see information displayed in the Russian language.

The solution is to go through every folder in the DGen, NGen, and Campaign folders and identify every file with the "_ru" extension and delete it, or move it out of the game's path. Personally I don't like to delete stuff (even though I don't speak or read Russian and have absolutely no need for the file) so I make a folder called "RU Files" in the same location as the files I've identified and move all of them into it. The game won't load anything in the "RU Files" folder. The result is that I see the campaign and mission names in English (since English is the language on my computer system).

I've no idea why adding the CCM to your game structure caused that issue, but a solution is to remove the file names that end in "_ru" (not the extension, the file name) in the folders I've described.

Hope this helps.
    Here's what I did, found my IL2 game dir. did a search for *._ru, that will bring up every _ru file in IL2. Create a fold and name what every you want then cut all the _ru files found and place into that folder or you can do the search for each file folder ie, Dgen, Ngen, Mission/Campaign, create a folder for each and do the search in each folder in the root of Il2 dir., cut and paste into your created folders, just what the XO mentioned above. TC

Finally got it done after many years of looking for a solution, trying to change the _ru to _en I always seem to miss some files and had to start over but following the above instructions I now have it done. TC
    Last edited by 352nd TooCool; 08-30-2011 at 01:39 PM. Reason: incomplete