Thread: 352nd Cross channel map QMB

Default 352nd Cross channel map QMB

I have been tring to make a QMB of this map. I can not get it to work. In FMB I make the defaults, but the map will not apear in the QMB
    to try it.

Mastiff,

I cannot help you with that one; I've never tried to add any map to the QMB, particularly the CCM. I believe it has been done by others in the community, but I have no information I can pass along to help you. My apologies.
    Pers

Ahh, isn't he such an Angel?
    How could you possibly shoot at him?

ok thank you sir

SAS fourm sticky
    Tips & Examples for QMB Mission Builders: http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,2331.0.html

This MissionPro forum at SAS has more threads about using the QMB Pro.
    MissionPro Forum: http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,75.0.html

This is how it works with the unmodded v4.10 patch and from what I see most of it applies to the modded version too.
    Adding your favorite map to the Quick Mission Builder http://www.mission4today.com/index.p...p=show&kid=621
    Using the correct template names makes it possible to add the maps to the QMB.

Wheels

Excellent information, Wheels! Thanks for that.
    Pers

Ahh, isn't he such an Angel?
    How could you possibly shoot at him?

IMO, the most important thing to realize about the QMB is how unsophisticated the QMB is at generating the missions. You set up the parameters for missions using the QMB templates that you make in the FMB. The map name that you see in the QMB can be from a folder that is named anything but they use the map name so the player knows what map to expect when the player uses that map in the QMB generator. I copied an existing map folder in the Quick folder in v4.10 and renamed the copied folder "Wheels," changed the template names to match the folder and it shows up in my v4.10m QMB and works just fine.

Downloading and looking at the "4.09m QMB Missions Extracted" files in the first post of the "Tips & Examples for QMB Mission Builders" thread at SAS will help you understand how Maddox games did it in the first place. Once you see how simply these missions are laid out it will click fairly quickly that the QMB generator is not doing much more than calling the correct template by name only. If you follow the rules in the templates the player won't get a huge surprise when the player uses them.

Wheels