Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Had a great time

Smile Had a great time

After last night I'm definitely sticking around for more. It was definitely a new experience. But i had a blast!

I'll def be on tonight reading the training documents.

Happy to hear you enjoy yourself, there's more to come. TC

Awesome. I gotta figure out why when I turn sometimes it stalls and I go spinning to the ground like crazy.

Gotta get out of the mindset of treating it like an f16.

See RJ's (slow flight/stalls and spins for dummies) in the technical section or the forum. He's going to grab you up pretty soon for training so be prepared. Just about all his lessons are in the tech. section of this forum on the main page. TC
    Last edited by 352nd TooCool; 08-08-2011 at 03:33 PM.

ok, i did some searching, seems its a control issue, sensitivity..etc.. i would still love to do the training. i cant wait

Quote Originally Posted by popshot View Post
    ok, i did some searching, seems its a control issue, sensitivity..etc.. i would still love to do the training. i cant wait
    There's a handy utility that's been around for ages called "IL2-Sticks", available from Mission4Today, that helps in setting the stick axis sensitivities. It has several sample profiles from the game creators (including Oleg himself) that I used as a starting point for finding what worked best for me (I keep tweaking them from time to time even now, LOL). IL-2 Sticks, if not a "must-have" tool, is certainly helpful.

It is not the only tool around for that purpose .... JoyCtrl also serves a similar purpose, and there may well be others.
    Pers

Ahh, isn't he such an Angel?
    How could you possibly shoot at him?

It seems that Persecutor had a terrible night last night. I don't think he got any points. Maybe he should go back into training also. LOL

Lmao @ deacon. I tried!!

@persecutor. I'll check those out. I took a look at the landing and m bouncing. Seems I've been landing wrong.

Do the p51 have airbrakes? Tough to slow down. Maybe I'm just used to fs9. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by popshot View Post

Do the p51 have airbrakes? Tough to slow down. Maybe I'm just used to fs9. Lol

Yea shes a pain at high speeds at times. Still don't feel like she's modeled quite correctly still.

But something I've done in IL-2 that has seemed to help is bouncing the Rudder back and forth to bleed off high speed.