Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Content for Cross Channel map.

Default Content for Cross Channel map.

Hey all, while waiting for Cliffs of Dover to polish itself, I'd like to fly some BOB missions. I have the map installed I believe. I see it in the FMB. But is there any content that uses it? Missions or campaigns would be great. Or is there that stuff already and I just dont know how to use it?

nvrsummer,

We included a mission pack with the original map release. I'll locate it (it's around here somewhere) and post it soon.
    Pers

Ahh, isn't he such an Angel?
    How could you possibly shoot at him?

Quote Originally Posted by 352nd Persecutor View Post
    nvrsummer,

We included a mission pack with the original map release. I'll locate it (it's around here somewhere) and post it soon.
    Excellent! Thank you.

nvrsummer,

The mission pack included with the original map release is available here.

To install them, unzip them to the path shown in the .rar file. To run one, start a coop server, navigate to that location and select a mission. Each mission attempts to recreate missions flown during the Battle of Britain on the day indicated by the mission name, within the limits placed by the game and computers, of course.

The missions were created by various members of the 352nd Virtual Fighter Group for the benefit of the IL-2 community.

Enjoy.
    Pers

Pers,
    I'm not sure if the mission pack was upgraded to the newest version of the map. Since all the missions were coops, the new map may not have them spawn in the correct places. But it isn't difficult for the person to adapt them to the new map themselves and we always give permission to modify anything we make.

Quote Originally Posted by 352nd_Deacon View Post
    Pers,
    I'm not sure if the mission pack was upgraded to the newest version of the map. Since all the missions were coops, the new map may not have them spawn in the correct places. But it isn't difficult for the person to adapt them to the new map themselves and we always give permission to modify anything we make.
    The changes to the newest version of the map all involved minor details to a few airfields in height elevations and other visual changes; no alterations to spawn points were affected nor any changes to airfield locations. I'd be surprised to learn that these missions were affected in any manner.

However, with Zuti's DS Server mod, coops have become something of a thing of the past, so if I wanted to use these missions I'd change them to dogfights. Perhaps that would be a challenge someone would like to take on?
    Pers

Thank you guys, ill give them a shot. How else do you use this map? Id be happy to explore other options.

Also, do you guys know of anyone who has a learning server. Where they can fly with you and make suggestions or demonstrations. I guess a place where I can fly with others and learn?? Im in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by nvrsummer2 View Post
    Thank you guys, ill give them a shot. How else do you use this map? Id be happy to explore other options.

Also, do you guys know of anyone who has a learning server. Where they can fly with you and make suggestions or demonstrations. I guess a place where I can fly with others and learn?? Im in the USA
    nvrsummer,

Check your PMs
    Pers

The link for this mission pack no longer works.

Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by wheelsup_cavu View Post
    The link for this mission pack no longer works.

Wheels
    The link has been fixed. Thanks for the alert, Wheels.
    Pers