Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Cliffs of Dover

Some more
    Attached Images Attached Images
    nunc aut nunquam!

Awesome screenshots Bush, especially like the one where your looking outside the cockpit bc of the oil on the windscreen.

With all the problems at launch...you knew it was coming.. haha. Still cant wait to try it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpilot View Post
    For thsoe who want to fly cheap: there is a language .dll available, it works great, replacing the Russian for English.

Today I started with the campaign.

We had to scramble, which is really bad for your engine Cold start, full throttle, WEP, it still took some time to take off.

We had to chase a group of JU-88's. After a few passes I had some tine holes in my fuselage. Two different kinds of liquids came streaming out, black and white.

I broke off the attack, got lost over the North Sea, ending up ditching my plane in the drink due to fuel and oil shortage.

Very, very impressive.

And yes, I had some pooor framerates over cities, but there were quite some planes in the air, and vehicles driving around as well. We have already had the first patch, and many more will follow.

Attached are pics of the session.
    Fly Cheap??? TC

Pretty impressive BP. Skinny, I confess that I don't know shit from shineola, but can't you set the infinity of the game. If it will only run on one CPU would it be advisable to run the other programs, TS, Fraps, etc. on the other CPUs?

It will be interesting to see what the community has to say about hardware requirements. If it is going to require new computers, we will be flying HSFX 5.0 for some time to come.

RJ

"The most important branch of aviation is pursuit, which fights for and gains control of the air"
    U.S. Brigadier General William Mitchell

I don't have a super computer but 3.25GB mem, 512MB video, quadcore 6600 2.4GHz CPU. I'm about to build a new system, 2600k 3.4 CPU (may oc), 8GB mem, 2GB video plus all the rest but if I can't run this game on the system I now have then I won't be installing it even on the new build. TC

Ribbs,

I've seen that footage many times, doctored to suit a lot of different scenarios, and all were funny. But that one, that one there takes the ultimate prize!! Hilarious, if it weren't so darned true.

Deacon, see!! You and I can go fishing for some of those beautiful Dorado!

Stripers make great bait!
    Last edited by 352nd Persecutor; 03-31-2011 at 05:22 PM.
    Pers

Ahh, isn't he such an Angel?
    How could you possibly shoot at him?

HAHA...yeah it is a classic! Hey BP....Im thinking of grabbing the russian version. How hard is it to convert to English version, and how does the money conversion work. US Dollar to Euros...heh

Ribbs

Quote Originally Posted by too-cool View Post
    Fly Cheap??? TC
    Well the Russian is only $14. Create a new steamaccount,(very important, otherwise you will have a conflict when the US version arrives) order Clod from Www.yuplay.com,

Insert key in, Ill send you the language (english) . Dll and fly!
    nunc aut nunquam!

TC, I can run in it just fine, and I have comparable specs. Over land it's a bit less fluid though, but even now in IL2, ver big cities you get frame rate drops, at least I do.
    nunc aut nunquam!