+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AAR, 03092010

Default AAR, 03092010

S!

Sortie 1: En route to fleet, bogeys sighted, provided CAP for the Invasion Fleet, exploded due to Ship FLak (Blue on Blue). Managed to score some hits before I desintegrated, but no kills. All in all 40 minutes flight time.
    Sortie 2: Found the fleet again thanks to the sharp eyes of Clash. Low on the deck I found myself in a slideshow, followed up by a game lock-up. Pretty frustrating, after 30 minutes of flight.
    Sortie 3: Best out of 3, the fleet had shrunk to 3 ships, attacked from different angles by SBDs and PBYs. Scored hits on the PBY, however the ship's flak blew off his tail, causing him to crash in the drink, denying me my kill.

So in retrospective, what did I learn from this experience? Find a cure for the lock-ups. Taipan has found a possible cure, by using the 1gb exe for both il2 and the 6dof tracker. (copied them from the UP site)

All in all a pretty intense night, unfortunately not satisfying for me in regard of kills, however I am extremely proud to be a member of the 352ndvfg, and the professionalism showed by us as a team.

cheers,

BP

nunc aut nunquam!

Default Re: AAR, 03092010

BP, if you have those executables from the UP site, please upload them to our ftp server and let us know where you put them.

EDIT: I found it. I moved the discussion and links to the file(s) to the Squadron section, here. Sorry, non-squad members will have to go directly to the UP site for the files.
    Pers

Ahh, isn't he such an Angel?
    How could you possibly shoot at him?

1st Edit: I've read the comments, Is this applicable to 32bit systems? Since this is and executable what file does it change and if it doesn't work how do you revert back? TC

2nd Edit: Tried the executable and my game locked-up, loading error (landscape). TC

What file did it change in your setup XO? TC

Edited: I didn't have any lockups last night, don't know if my driver update had anything to do with it but my wanting to try this is only for the problem I'm encountering every now and than with the P-47 cockpit mod. TC

I loaded this as you mention and my game also locked up on loading, loading error load.ini so I put original back and said the hell with it. TC

Pers,

You beat me to it. I posted this on my way to University, and was just passing the message, Taipan was telling about during the aftermath of Friday's fight. At that that time I hadn't tried it out myself, and couldn't provide the links.

Anyway, thanks for looking in to this, the AKA's booked good results with it, I hope tonight's mission will prove the file's worth!

cheers!

BP

nunc aut nunquam!

Quote Originally Posted by 352ndtoo-cool
    I loaded this as you mention and my game also locked up on loading, loading error load.ini so I put original back and said the hell with it. TC
    TC,

I had the same problem as you had, the solution (maybe, but works for me) is this:

1)Go to your JGSME mod manager, unload HSFX history mod.
    2)rename your original il2 to whatever you like and store it somewhere safe.
    3)place the UP 1gb modified one in your main game folder
    4)open the JGMSE mod manager again, and reload the HSFX history mod.
    5)should work. Remember, the sequence is important, otherwise your mission stops loading at 90%.

Good luck!
    nunc aut nunquam!

+ Reply to Thread