Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2nd DCS: A-10C Warthog Producer Notes - Start Up

Default 2nd DCS: A-10C Warthog Producer Notes - Start Up

DCS A-10C Warthog Producer Note 2 - Start Up

Note: Look at the scenery if you can drag yourself away from the Start Up procedure long enough...... Yep, desert! That's Nellis! Your new (and fittingly so) training base.
    "War has a grim purpose and is extremely complex. Sophisticated planning and doctrine are present at every level. Yet at the point of fire battle is the essence of chaos and violence."

Default Re: 2nd DCS: A-10C Warthog Producer Notes - Start Up

When will this become available? TC

Approximately "two weeks"............ give or take............

Actually, forecasts vary, but I'd say Fall to Winter..............It will probably be available as an electronic download in Sep/Oct with DVD in Oct/Nov. But that's just a guess at this point.
    "War has a grim purpose and is extremely complex. Sophisticated planning and doctrine are present at every level. Yet at the point of fire battle is the essence of chaos and violence."

OK, assume I don't have any of these programs already, what will I need to be up to date when this is released? That X65 is looking mighty good right now. TC

They will use the same system as DCS black Shark. It's a stand alone product. Especially the JTAC part sounds great!

We will need some blue nose skins for that one!

cheers,

Bushpilot
    nunc aut nunquam!

Don't know what you have, and no spec's have been released yet, sooooo, it's had to say at this point what "other" stuff you might be thinking you'd need. The possibilities are endless - from mild to wild.

If you scroll thru this forum room, you'll figure out quickly that I have been waiting on this particular sim since it was first rumored in 2006! And just so there is no misunderstanding, the is an honest-to-goodness flight "study" sim.....not a sim like IL2. For some, the A-10A that is in LOFC and LOFC2 was a daunting proposition and had a steep learning curve. I don't figure DCS: A-10C Warthog to be much different. In fact, I expect it to be a little bit harder. Just flying the plane - hell, that's easy. It's all the other stuff like avionics, instrument flying, comms, etc., that people have the hardest time with. I'm saying all this basically for those new to "study" sims so that they are forewarned up front. Once you make the plunge though, and stick with it, the rewards far outweigh the effort applied.

You just might want to get a step or too up on flight training by dropping in over at FlankerTraining and watch some of Ironhands A-10 training video's. Or better yet, set aside some time and go through all his training video's starting with basic Flight Training. I would then suplement that with a complete read/study of the articles in this thread, this thread, and this thread.

Plenty to do while we wait............
    More to follow I'm sure.................

....And this, I forgot >> A-10A Guide

....And EVERYTHING you see HERE

No software, I want to start from scratch and build up to current. Just looking for the software requirements for right now, hardware may come later. TC

Well, then I'd say to find one of the following in descinding order:

LockOn Platinum (July 2010, if you can wait and it&#39;s an all-in-one package install) << This is the one you want! No patching and updating! (ANNOUNCEMENT)

LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2 (Requires LockOn Flaming Cliffs and LockOn Flaming Cliffs GOLD patching and updating)

LockOn Flaming Cliffs (Requires LockOn Flaming Cliffs GOLD patching and updating)

Nothing older than that. Anyone of these will give you all the software you need to fly the A-10A.....but not the A-10C (important point here) with the basic flight model. DCS: A-10C Warthog uses a completely NEW Advanced Flight Model.

You can get these at LockOn Simulations

I'm a little confused here, can't get #1 yet because it's not available?

#2 in the list requires me to get Lock-On Flaming Cliffs 2 which requires me to also have or get FC and FC Gold and than patch and update?

#3 requires me to have FC it only requires to patch and update with FC Gold?

Oscar could you list only the packages I need to get started should I decide not to wait until July, I'm not quite understanding you post/list, just tell me I need for instance Lock-On, Lock-On FC2 and Lock-On FC, get these and install in this order ? TC

I'll probably wait since I already have Lock-On but I think it's a earlier version and also I have to find where I put it.