Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A gift from the HSFX workshop...

Default Re: A gift from the HSFX workshop...

Quote Originally Posted by No457_Squog
    uh oh!

I'm scratching my head as to what might be causing the issue - each targa is precisely 3b larger than the original map - I belive this is simply the colour palette being larger... The targas are definitely saved as 8bit.

What memory size executable are you using, TC?
    Squog the 01 file was compressed so I re-saved uncompressed and now I don't have that problem, the 02 and 03 files were save in 8bit and uncompressed so they were OK but that first was compressed and I think that's what was causing the problem for me. BTW great job on the recolor, how did you do that anyway, is there a program designed for that type of work, or did you just change the color scheme using Photoshop? TC

Quote Originally Posted by 352ndtoo-cool
    Squog the 01 file was compressed so I re-saved uncompressed and now I don't have that problem, the 02 and 03 files were save in 8bit and uncompressed so they were OK but that first was compressed and I think that's what was causing the problem for me.
    Ok cool! I must admit I didn't really pay enough attention to whether it was compressed or not.. a slip of hand one might say! That's good news!
    Quote Originally Posted by 352ndtoo-cool
    BTW great job on the recolor, how did you do that anyway, is there a program designed for that type of work, or did you just change the color scheme using Photoshop?
    It's all Photoshop unfortunately matey! here's a process description I've prepared earlier!:
    Quote Originally Posted by me
    I used the _F as the base, minus the black water. I actually didn't change the colour from what it is! I used a blue "outer glow" to fill in the waterways and coast lines. I also added a slight yellow "innter glow" to emulate beaches/riverbanks. Under this layer was the base 'poo colour' sea layer.

In the layer above that, I used the _H map as a "screen" layer, which means that the light parts of it will affect the layer below it. The black parts will be ignored.

On top of that I seperated the roads & railways and put them in their own layers (toned back the red because it was overpowering the black train lines).

I then went into the _t and grabbed all instances of forest and pasted that on top of the map, gave it a bit of colour and a bit of a bezeled edge.

And that's it! didn't really take that long to do!

Although I must say I took inspiration from the way the "Northern Norway" map. Actually - it's looking like it's a blatant rip-off!
    PS: If you want my PSD template I'd be more than happy to pass it along!

Squog that would be great if it's not to much trouble, it will provide inspiration for future changes if the Group so decides. Thanks and again great job. TC

I was wondering after reading this post if the afforementioned problem was fixed and was it safe to install this, I'm thinking of beginning work on some new missions and staring at the bright blue when adding blue flights is tedious after about 10 minutes and this would sure be a godsend. Additionally I'm really hoping that the TD 4.10 update will be along soon so that the subsequent HSFX update that's sure to follow will include the CCM so we can start including missions on it in the FA servers (fingers crossed).
    I think that's the only reason behind not having it now because it is not part of some larger Mod Pack it's assumed that not everyone has it though I can't imagine why this would be so it's one of those "gotta haves".

Quote Originally Posted by FA_Bong
    I was wondering after reading this post if the afforementioned problem was fixed and was it safe to install this, I'm thinking of beginning work on some new missions and staring at the bright blue when adding blue flights is tedious after about 10 minutes and this would sure be a godsend. Additionally I'm really hoping that the TD 4.10 update will be along soon so that the subsequent HSFX update that's sure to follow will include the CCM so we can start including missions on it in the FA servers (fingers crossed).
    I think that's the only reason behind not having it now because it is not part of some larger Mod Pack it's assumed that not everyone has it though I can't imagine why this would be so it's one of those "gotta haves".
    Bong,

The problem was fixed. You can download the file here.

To use them, simply overwrite your existing files of the same name in the CCM folder (<Game folder>/MODS/mapmods/MAPS/352nd_Cross-Channel). If you are extra-cautious, you'll backup your existing files first.
    Pers

Ahh, isn't he such an Angel?
    How could you possibly shoot at him?