Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A gift from the HSFX workshop...

Default A gift from the HSFX workshop...

S! Guys,

I did a little photoshop work after flying a mission on your map, mainly to change some of those colours which were making it difficult to track blue waypoints over the blue channel area. You guys can use this in whichever way you think will add to the map as a whole - hopefully it will inspire others to help give the map the final spit & polish

From this:

to this:

[DOWNLOAD HERE]

Default Re: A gift from the HSFX workshop...

Very, very nice, Squog! Thanks.

We need to put up a section for creative additions like this one .......... I'm personally going to use it.

Pers

Ahh, isn't he such an Angel?
    How could you possibly shoot at him?

Man that looks good; many thanks for this

Very, very nice. A definite addition to any new version.

Thanks Squog!
    "War has a grim purpose and is extremely complex. Sophisticated planning and doctrine are present at every level. Yet at the point of fire battle is the essence of chaos and violence."

Dam nice, I already made the change. TC

Hi
    Thanks very much.Lovely job
    Dam your eyes Adolf ...there goes that bell again !!!

Not sure but since I made the change my game locks up after about 40-45Min's of flight, it wasn't doing this before the change but to make sure I'm switching back the the original ed_ files and check to see if in fact the change caused the problem. I've flown about 5 times using the new files and have lock up each time. Will report back later on the switch. TC

Edited: OK I changed the files back to the original and re-flew one of the two different missions I encountered the problem with my system freezing after about 40-45 Min's. The mission lasted about 1 hour and that included recording a track for the last 13 Min's before I killed the game. Did not encounter not one hiccup, will fly the other mission tomorrow using the original files again and see if I can get through the entire mission including the return flight. TC

Quote Originally Posted by 352ndPersecutor
    Very, very nice, Squog! Thanks.

We need to put up a section for creative additions like this one .......... I'm personally going to use it.

XO after testing the new colored map, I found it causes my game to freeze up after about 40-45 minutes of flying. I flew 2 different mission a total of 3 times and my game froze up around the 45 minutes each time. I went back and changed the 3 files back to the original and flew one of the missions that I encountered the game freeze problem and didn't encounter any freezes at all, will fly the other mission tomorrow and see what results I get but I'll bet a dollar to a donut it got to do with the new color scheme/ ed_m0x changes.

uh oh!

I'm scratching my head as to what might be causing the issue - each targa is precisely 3b larger than the original map - I belive this is simply the colour palette being larger... The targas are definitely saved as 8bit.

What memory size executable are you using, TC?

Squog,

ed_m01.tga was saved, I think, compressed. The others looked fine ........... I opened them all in GIMP and checked them. I re-saved 01 uncompressed and checked the other two; GIMP said they were already uncompressed.

I haven't had a chance to check out whether that corrects the issue, but apparently TC did so independently and experienced no further lockup. We'll check it out further tonight during our squad session.
    Pers

Ahh, isn't he such an Angel?
    How could you possibly shoot at him?