Thread: Co-op Missions

Default Co-op Missions

Hello all,

First of all, thanks for an outstanding map. I've flown BOBII a bit, and even though I like the game, the first mission I flew on this map really felt more realisitic with the newer mod packs in IL2.

The problem I had was trying to fly on the map in the first place. I'm not really that great with FMB, so I thought the best way for me to fly the map was by flying the missions provided for co-op. The only problem I had was that none of the aircraft would load to select on the arming screen. I was using HSFX 4.1. Having just got back from Afghanistan, I hadn't really had access to internet to use the new mod packs, so I don't know much about them. I did a little research on the problem, though, and figured out that someone else had the same thing happen to them with HSFX 4.1, but not on UP 2.01. So, I set up the torrent tracker to get that too. Now I have both installed, and low and behold, the co-op missions start right up under UP.

I guess my question now is, what could be causing them not to work under HSFX? I did notice that in QMB some of the aircraft seem to have different names than in UP. I don't know if that could be an issue, if the missions were built under UP and not HSFX. Either way, I haven't really decided which mod pack I like best yet, so I don't know if it will end up mattering, just posting this for FYI, and possibly for a fix if I decided I wanted to fly these missions in HSFX. Thanks again for a great addition to our favorite sim.

Default Re: Co-op Missions

Just read that UP and HSFX are pretty much the same, except for the .sfs file structure in HSFX, and some additions to UP that are optional. If that's the case, I guess it's really moot which one I keep, as I'm primarily an off-line player. If I want to play this map, I guess I'll just stick with UP.

Heloguy,

Welcome back!

I confess I'm not familiar at all with UP ........ the 352nd uses an HSFX-based mod build. The missions were all created using HSFX, consequently I am at a loss to understand why they wouldn't work on any HSFX build. We're aware that some folks have had problems with them that went away with UP, but I have no answer to that one.

Perhaps Oscar can shed some light?
    Pers

Ahh, isn't he such an Angel?
    How could you possibly shoot at him?

That's definitely weird. Not a big deal though, as the map still works under hsfx. I was able to create a mission under FMB.