Thread: How Is Revision Work Progressing?

Default How Is Revision Work Progressing?

Hello and thanks for a lovely map. From reading posts here, I understand that work is underway to further refine the CCM. How is that progressing? I know it must be a complicated process, but I just wondered how it was going, if I might ask? Thank you.

Default Re: How Is Revision Work Progressing?

Quote Originally Posted by Murph
    Hello and thanks for a lovely map. From reading posts here, I understand that work is underway to further refine the CCM. How is that progressing? I know it must be a complicated process, but I just wondered how it was going, if I might ask? Thank you.
    Murph,

Our first goal was to get a sense from the community of where "revisions" needed to be made; I think we have a pretty good idea now. We received very valuable input from the folks from UP, particularly Boomer, and a great deal of "nuts and bolts" suggestions and assistance. Others, notably Thrud and FA_Bong (forgive me if I've forgotten the names of many others, too) have pointed out areas that could be better (flaws, really, but I'm trying to be politic here, LOL).

With that information, and knowing that UP has released a version of the map that is a bit cleaner than our "official" one, we are working on a revision that will be a bit more involved. There are issues with textures, a few elevation issues on the continent, Oscar is working on re-texturing the continent, and the "trees where they shouldn't be" issue still plagues us too much. Our focus, therefore, is in those areas. For sure, the revision won't be two weeks, be sure, but it won't be two years, either!
    Pers

Ahh, isn't he such an Angel?
    How could you possibly shoot at him?

Thank you for the clear reply. I'll have to ask if there is a way to convert the UP version of the map to HSFX, since that is what my squad uses. Good luck with the work!

Pers, where is RAF upavon on the map? I can't seem to find a lot of the lovely airfields that Booze had posted a while ago on here. It is sad if all of that work was done for nothing, as the airfields from the screens shown were looking absolutely beautiful.
    I must say though that this map has been keeping me extremely happy. I think that if the textures were made a bit greener and brighter in some places this map could be even more gorgeous! :P

Quote Originally Posted by philip.ed
    Pers, where is RAF upavon on the map? I can't seem to find a lot of the lovely airfields that Booze had posted a while ago on here. It is sad if all of that work was done for nothing, as the airfields from the screens shown were looking absolutely beautiful.
    I must say though that this map has been keeping me extremely happy. I think that if the textures were made a bit greener and brighter in some places this map could be even more gorgeous! :P
    Philip.ed,

Upavon is not on this map. Remember, this is a 39-40 version of the map; many of the screenshots Booze had posted were of the later war map version he was working on. He has a real "artists" touch and created some beautiful airfields; some of the most gorgeous bases in the UK on this version are his work. Most of his efforts in airfield construction were aimed at later war airfields, though, Upavon among them.

Will the 352nd do a late war map? Probably not. "Probably". Heck, we'd like to just get this one done (meaning, better).
    Pers

Ahh, isn't he such an Angel?
    How could you possibly shoot at him?