Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cross channel map population project

Default Cross channel map population project

I have started to populate the cross channel map. The last three days I have been painstankly planting houses, walls, trees, churches and so on Calais and surrounding villages. Now I will start with dover (dover - calais missions are going to be popular) Once finished this two areas I will link the file here. So far I have planted almost 10.000 static objects. My idea. If you create a mission in this map and you populate a particular area leave here a link so we can create a library of templates where map maker can take cross channel maps with already populate houses.

Default Re: Cross channel map population project

This is what I'm talking about:

This shows the amount of work

This is another village close to calais

And another one:

Shot at 2010-06-11

This looks very nice indeed. How much of an effect is this having on FPS during the mission?

Not much. I have already tested it with my rig as a hots (is a very high specs machine,phenom x4, 8 gigabites ram, ati 9850) and three more pilots from my squadron with a different range of machines and it goes very well. I have not check it with AAA. I will do more tests througth the weekend. The idea is create a template and then any map builder could delete objetcs that are not going to be use, or delete some randon objects just if you want to "light" the mission. There are some third party programmes which allow you to create libraries of multiple objetcs to reuse that can come handy. This weeken I will do dover and in the following weeks some villages in the area. But anyone can start to do other towns or cities. I will merge them afterwards.

What a great idea, Kokakolo! Nice work, indeed.

Maybe we need to consider a special forum or place to host these types of files and conversations regarding them.

Also, Boomer over at UP has done a nice job adjusting some of the basic map files, including the actors.static file, removing a good deal of unnecessary objects. The result is finished, although we're doing some final editing to the map_t file. The new files will be hosted on both UP and here. Ours won't be available for several weeks though. The actor.static file is about 20% smaller after the changes.
    Pers

Ahh, isn't he such an Angel?
    How could you possibly shoot at him?

I have posted the same pictures on the UP forum and I am aware there is going to be a new improved map release soon. But the mission where I am placing the objetcs will be reusable for the updated map without problem isn't it?

Looks awesome

Guess we need a "Community Templates" thread?
    "War has a grim purpose and is extremely complex. Sophisticated planning and doctrine are present at every level. Yet at the point of fire battle is the essence of chaos and violence."

Quote Originally Posted by Ala13_Kokakolo
    I have posted the same pictures on the UP forum and I am aware there is going to be a new improved map release soon. But the mission where I am placing the objetcs will be reusable for the updated map without problem isn't it?
    I'm not sure we can answer that yet, Kokakolo. We haven't seen the final editing the UP folks have done. There's been some talk from some of them about populating some portions of the map; whether that will happen now or even this particular location on the map is an unknown, at least to us.

Most assuredly this location will not be populated by a version we release, at least not at this time.
    Pers

Ahh, isn't he such an Angel?
    How could you possibly shoot at him?

lLondon London !!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the work!!!!!!!!

This MAP more populated would be a must must cause it is already a must!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ala13_Kokakolo
    This is what I'm talking about:

This shows the amount of work

This is another village close to calais

And another one:

Shot at 2010-06-11