Thread: Grass airfields friction

Default Grass airfields friction

Hello to everyone !
    this is my first post in your forum and, first of all, I want to thank you very much for th efforts you made to develop the Cross Channel Map. Among the other benefits, I'll also be able to navigate with 1:1 maps of the area....

Actually I had no problems with the map installation and I've not detected particular issues till now(I'm able to save missions and so on), so I don't know if this is the right place for this subject, but every time I try to take off from a grass airfield my plane bounces so much that I loose control and the nose crashes into the ground, no matter how smoothly I manage the aircraft controls.
    It seems that the friction is the same as in the stock maps when running out from the runway.
    Is it normal or it's a problem of my install ?
    I don't have any package (which is requested in your install instructions) because my IL2 is a custom SAS mod activator installation. I checked it by universal_static.ini_checkerV1.3 and nothing seems to be missed.
    Simply, may be I am a bed pilot ....) :

Thank you in advance for your attention and for your wonderful work.

Flashsim

Default Re: Grass airfields friction

If you look at the bottom of the load.ini file, you'll see a section entitiled [Airfields]. This section defines the area of each airfield and the friction level for that field. This section is added to the load.ini file as part of the ZUTI Dedicated Server Mod (01_Zuti_DSMod_v{x}).

So, the first question I have is, are you running the ZUTI Mod. If so, what version. The current version is v1.13.

If you are running the current version, from the FMB, you can increase or decrese the friction level of any homebase that exists on a map in the Objec-HomeBase-Properties section. THis will not update the default values stored inthe load.ini file, but it will for any indiviually created mission.

Try it...let me know.
    "War has a grim purpose and is extremely complex. Sophisticated planning and doctrine are present at every level. Yet at the point of fire battle is the essence of chaos and violence."

I hope that the map's friction settings are compatible with the 1.12 version of the Zuti mod. The 1.13 version does not work in HSFX, and they have said that they have no interest in making it work.

Actually, the map has been compatible with ZUTI since the beginning.

As for the v1.13 and HFSX, I run the STD version (on both my desktop and server) and have not encountered any problems...........................yet(?)....but I'm still monitoring things to see if anything happens.

"War has a grim purpose and is extremely complex. Sophisticated planning and doctrine are present at every level. Yet at the point of fire battle is the essence of chaos and violence."

Oscar, how did you enable it? Using JSGME? I'm curious because I would like to try it but the folks at Ultra Pack were not at all helpful about getting it working in HSFX.

Thank you Oscar fro your kind replay. No, I haven't installed the Zuti mod you are talking about. I will look for it and try. Does the section [Airfields] works only if the mod is installed or I could modify the friction directly in the load.ini ?

Bye

Flashsim

@ Flashsim
    Running your SAS Mod install,do you have Canons BlankPlates installed ?
    you would need them for the 352 map airfields too be smooth as it has BlankPlates on the airfields

About the friction settings in the 352 map's load.ini
    They are not correct for some reason, so the friction values will not work

example of first airfield from 352 load.ini>
    [AIRFIELDS]
    Airfield_001 = 27930 196851 30436 194005 1.5

From my load.ini as I have removed the BlankPlates from this map, and I am running Zuti's friction Mod>
    [AIRFIELDS]
    Airfield_001 = 13379.55 292413.94 16858.24 287597.3 1.90

edit>
    there should be a ZutiLog.txt generated that will say whether the friction values are Valid or Invalid
    the info can also be just entered to a .mis file if done correctly or the load.ini of the map

S!

@Murph

Not through JSGME.
    You will need v1.13_STD - not the v1.13_UP version. DIsable previous versions in JSGME and install v1.13_STD in MODS folder. I am aware of ZUTI's fully aware of comments - still trying though.

Concur with Boomers comments....being worked.....

Hello Boomer. In my static.ini there is one "Canon Blank Field Plate" coming with his Channel Beta Map.
    I've found in my downloads the Zuti's friction Mod and now I'm able to take off without problems.
    Anyway, are there some other similar plates by Canon that are requested ? Why did you remove the your ones ?

Thank you for your suggestions.

I think there was a blankparkingplate also or BlankTaxiPlate
    I know there was another plate with the BlankPlate

I removed the BlankPlates because there very hard on Fps and an old way of making grass airfields,and not needed if using Zuti's Friction Values
    It changes the friction surface on the map,which makes that area smooth in the coordinates assigned
    In UltrPack there are documents with a readme by Zuti, explaining this and how to set friction surface
    in .mis files or in the load.ini of the map itself

S!

Edit,yes 352 are aware of this and it is all being discussed,it is not like you have to get rid of them
    but there is another way to run map with out them