Thread: Installer

Default Installer

I'm thinking that there is an error in the installer, yesterday I helped FA_Cain with his install and noted that the installer put Maps,Missions, and Paint schemes into ...IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\Files which I'm not sure is incorrect. But inside the folder Missions is a background.mat and .tga, inside the PaintSchemes folder are cache and decals, and inside the maps folder is _Tex, the 352nd_Cross_Channel and the all.ini. I'm not sure if I should leave them there or remove them but my install works so I guess there not hurting anything. I don't remember any of those folders being in that location at before with any other custom map and they all seem to only hold items for the CCM so I thought I'd bring it to your attention.

Default Re: Installer

I'm confused, because our installer did not have Paintschemes, decals, etc.............just whose "installer" was that?
    "War has a grim purpose and is extremely complex. Sophisticated planning and doctrine are present at every level. Yet at the point of fire battle is the essence of chaos and violence."

Well I'm as confused as you then maybe the other folders aren't part of your installer (I made an assumption) but the Maps folder containing the CCM and _Tex are so I'm wondering why they went there? If I remove anything I may bung something up so as long as it works I'm cool with it.

Well, one thing I have learned is that
    IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\Files
    is a UP 2.0/1 mod file construct, so, I'm assuming at this point that it was HADES' installer that was used.
    "War has a grim purpose and is extremely complex. Sophisticated planning and doctrine are present at every level. Yet at the point of fire battle is the essence of chaos and violence."

No, actually I got it from here when it was first released, and updated the actors.static twice, dunno how it could be the wrong one is there anyway to tell by looking at the files? I also extracted to a file on desktop to examine the files and it has a Files folder with the map in it and it has a Mods folder with the map in it. Not a huge problem really. You guys did great, it works, I'm happy. Just thought I would bring it to your attention. We do have the Files folder in HSFX this is just the first time I've noted the other files in there.

For any mod install, you can install maps in the mods or the files folder. The .exe installs the map in the files folder, and manually it's advised to install it in your mods folder.