Thread: Does the new Cross Channel map work in the QMB??

Default Does the new Cross Channel map work in the QMB??

Hi all!! I love flying this map so far. Ive been able to fly it on a coop server. But does it work in the QMB? Just to sightsee I guess?

Also- is anyone flying this map online at the moment? What server to look for in hyperlobby? I just got a decent flight stick and rudder pedals. So now I think I can hold my own in multiplayer. Now just to get trackIR!!!! Anyone know a cheap place to get one?

One more thing- I could never find a all.ini file in my mapmods folder. only in my user account. Do I need to rectify this? And if I need to reinstall, what file do I backup to save my stick settings?

Default Re: Does the new Cross Channel map work in the QMB??

Quote Originally Posted by nvrsummer2
    Hi all!! I love flying this map so far. Ive been able to fly it on a coop server. But does it work in the QMB? Just to sightsee I guess?

Also- is anyone flying this map online at the moment? What server to look for in hyperlobby? I just got a decent flight stick and rudder pedals. So now I think I can hold my own in multiplayer. Now just to get trackIR!!!! Anyone know a cheap place to get one?

One more thing- I could never find a all.ini file in my mapmods folder. only in my user account. Do I need to rectify this? And if I need to reinstall, what file do I backup to save my stick settings?
    Your stick settings are stored in two places, one is in your Users/<pilot name>/settings.ini file. That file stores all the keybindings, including axis assignments, you have made in the game on a "per pilot" basis.

Your axis sensitivity settings are stored in the [rts_joystick] section of your config.ini file.

You almost certainly have an all.ini file somewhere in your game, the precise location will depend upon what mod version you are using and what additional mods you have. You should be able to locate your all.ini file by doing a file search with subdirectories enabled searching your game's folder structure for "all.ini". We could send you a sample all.ini file but, since you almost certainly have one in your game somewhere, one of ours may make things worse for you.
    Pers

Ahh, isn't he such an Angel?
    How could you possibly shoot at him?

Quote Originally Posted by 352ndPersecutor

Your stick settings are stored in two places, one is in your Users/<pilot name>/settings.ini file. That file stores all the keybindings, including axis assignments, you have made in the game on a "per pilot" basis.

Your axis sensitivity settings are stored in the [rts_joystick] section of your config.ini file.

You almost certainly have an all.ini file somewhere in your game, the precise location will depend upon what mod version you are using and what additional mods you have. You should be able to locate your all.ini file by doing a file search with subdirectories enabled searching your game's folder structure for "all.ini". We could send you a sample all.ini file but, since you almost certainly have one in your game somewhere, one of ours may make things worse for you.
    OK. I found it in my user settings. Is there a way to play this in the QMB?

OK. I found it in my user settings. Is there a way to play this in the QMB?
    I can't help you there, nvrsummer2; I rarely use the QMB. I don't doubt that it can be done -- but I have no idea how.
    Pers

Ahh, isn't he such an Angel?
    How could you possibly shoot at him?

Ok, well thank you for responding..

So, how DO you play this map? As a campaign? Or just online at the moment? Im getting better at multiplayer, just not quite ready to leave flight school just yet...

You don't have to be on-line to play the missions.

With the maps in the {game folder}/Missions/net/coop folder, From the Main Menu select "Multiplayer", then select "Create New Server", then from the dropdown box select "Cooperative", hit "Create" button. Then from the Mission Type dropdown select "352nd_CCM_BoB_Missions". As soon as you do, you will see a listing below of the available missions, select one and hit "Load".

You should be good to go from there.........................
    "War has a grim purpose and is extremely complex. Sophisticated planning and doctrine are present at every level. Yet at the point of fire battle is the essence of chaos and violence."

Quote Originally Posted by 352ndOscar
    You don't have to be on-line to play the missions.

With the maps in the {game folder}/Missions/net/coop folder, From the Main Menu select "Multiplayer", then select "Create New Server", then from the dropdown box select "Cooperative", hit "Create" button. Then from the Mission Type dropdown select "352nd_CCM_BoB_Missions". As soon as you do, you will see a listing below of the available missions, select one and hit "Load".

You should be good to go from there.........................
    Will my wingmen take off with me in SP as per above? Sorry I forgot details about Coop mode in IL-2 already.

Thanks,
    AR.

AI aircraft will fly pre-planned routes. Wingman will stay with their flight lead.....up to a point....LOL!
    "War has a grim purpose and is extremely complex. Sophisticated planning and doctrine are present at every level. Yet at the point of fire battle is the essence of chaos and violence."