Thread: Problem Installing Map

Default Problem Installing Map

First, thanks gentlemen for this great map.

I moved this from the annoucement thread here in hopes of finding an answer to my situation which is figuring out how to correctly install this map manually. Here is what I did;

I downloaded the .exe file and I decided on the manual install. I set up a temp folder on my destop and directed the .exe to that location.
    In the install instructions it says, "2. Copy the contents of the "MODS_CCM_Insert" folder to your "\\Mods" folder." Seems simple enough but here are the contents of my temp folder;

a "files" folder containing "Maps" folder and inside these folders; "_Tex" and "352nd_Cross_Channel".
    a "Missions" folder. I'm sure I can install that one OK.
    a "Mods" folder containing these folders; mapmods/Maps/_Tesd/352nd_Cross_Channel Again this seemes to be a simple install as it's the same structure that most AAA mod maps use.
    a "flc.exe" file
    a "xcopy.exe" file
    a "xdel.exe" file
    and the .pdf which is very informative and includes the Install instructions.

So here's the problem. After extracting the files to a temporary folder, (Instruction 1) it says in Instruction 2 "2. Copy the contents of the "MODS_CCM_Insert" folder to your "\\Mods" folder."
    I do not have a "MODS_CCM_Insert" folder in my temp folder.

So, knowing that most problems are the result of a user error, what was mine? With this one exception I know I can complete the rest of the install.

Thanks in advance. I am really looking forward to using this map.

And one other thing, I only have UP2.0 installed. Will this map work with that version or will I need to upgrade to UP2.1? Hades has provied me with some assistance but it too predicates on my having the "CCM_Insert" folder which is not present in my extraction of the .exe.

Thanks again for any and all assistance.

If you can read this, thank a teacher.  If you can read it in English, thank a veteran.

Default Re: Problem Installing Map

Beebop, what do you have in your temp folder? I can direct you from there......
    "War has a grim purpose and is extremely complex. Sophisticated planning and doctrine are present at every level. Yet at the point of fire battle is the essence of chaos and violence."

Quote Originally Posted by 352ndOscar
    Beebop, what do you have in your temp folder? I can direct you from there......
    a "files" folder containing "Maps" folder and inside these folders; "_Tex" and "352nd_Cross_Channel".
    These seem pretty self explanitory. I can just put the sub folders in my "files" folder in my 2.0 install.

a "Missions" folder.
    I'm sure I can install that one OK.

a "Mods" folder containing these folders;
    mapmods
    Maps
    _Tex
    352nd_Cross_Channel

Based on the way that AAA structures it's Mods folder I'm fairly certain that I can install these into the "MODS/mapmods" folder in my 2.0 install. Then all I need to do is add the map name/load.ini to the all.ini file found in the mapmods folder.

These are the three that I am most unsure of:
    a "flc.exe" file
    a "xcopy.exe" file
    a "xdel.exe" file

and the .pdf which is very informative and includes the Install instructions.

That's it. No "CCM_Insert" folder.

The reason I am choosing the manual install method is that I don't want to FUBAR my 2.0 install. Plus, for me, manual installs give me a better picture of what goes where so in the event of a foulup I know where to look for problem solving.
    Who knows, I might be making this harder than it actually is.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
    As usual Oscar you expemplify the outstanding support and help the members of the 352nd give to everyone, squad members or not.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher.  If you can read it in English, thank a veteran.

OK,

- Put the "352nd_Cross_Channel" folder in your existing "Maps" folder. (Overwrite if necessary.)
    - Put the "_Tex" folder in in your existing "Maps" folder. (Overwrite if necessary.)

- Delete the flc.exe, xcopy.exe and xdel.exe - you don't need these for a manual install.

Edit the all.ini file in your "Maps" folder and add the following at the top on a new line:

352nd_Cross_Channel 352nd_Cross_Channel/load.ini

Download the UPDATED actors.static file and put it in your ".../mapmods/maps/352nd_Cross_Channel" folder replacing the one that is there.

You can get it <<HERE>>.

That should get you on the right track!

"War has a grim purpose and is extremely complex. Sophisticated planning and doctrine are present at every level. Yet at the point of fire battle is the essence of chaos and violence."

Yep, you don't need to add the stuff to both the files and mods folder. Either one will work