Thread: Auto-gen Trees

Default Auto-gen Trees

Is there any-way to cut down the amount of auto-gen trees around the field textures? Because I love this map, but down low my frame-rates drop and although I can dly perfectly well, it's not smooth enough for me.
    I had this problem before on Canon's chanel map, but using 2 cores for Il-2 seemed to sort this out for me

I think I could edit the load.ini to do this, but I don't really want to muck it up. It would be good if I could make it so that some textures use the trees and some don't, as then I'd still have a great environment, but one that is easier on my rig.

My PC specs:
    Intel core 2 duo processor @ 2.00 a core
    ATI 4650 (512mb)
    4GB RAM

So not the best PC, but it runs Il-2 on perfect settings

Default Re: Auto-gen Trees

This "might" help your particular installation.

Go into the "/MODS/mapsmods/maps/_Tex/352nd_Cross_Channel" folder and find the files *_tree(s).tga and move them to a temporary directory. This will eliminate a lot of the trees associated with the textures.

Check your conf.ini file for the 'forest' setting and try either "forest=2" or "forest=3" in either the OPENGL or DirectX sections (depending on which one use use).
    "War has a grim purpose and is extremely complex. Sophisticated planning and doctrine are present at every level. Yet at the point of fire battle is the essence of chaos and violence."

Default Re: Auto-gen Trees

I'll try and report back