Thread: Map problems and glitches

Default Map problems and glitches

HEllo, first congratulations on finishing the map, I didn't fly much yet but it's very cool, not much cities it's true, but a great tree density, nice scenery.

I found a graphic problem, in the sea just south of RAF Manston:

Maybe people can post in this thread if they find other cosmetic problems like that. Hope this helps

Default Re: Map problems and glitches

Beat me to it mate, was just about to post this. It's the only real glitch I've seen, apart from some cliffs in france which have landscape textures on them

Thanks for pointing those things out, guys. We are aware of the area near Manston ..... it was a design feature actually, that didn't work out quite as intended, and has never really been "corrected".

It shall be, as shall the roads in the UK that pass through forests without a clearing for them.

The map, as you have seen, is huge. There are thousands of miles of textures, and it's inevitable that we will have missed some, even with as many editing passes as we've done. Keep pointing them out ....... post an image if you can, and we'll track them down and fix them if we can.

As I alluded to in the announcement post, the texturing on the Continent is inadequate. It would take ages and ages to do it justice and our thought was to "get the map out", and deal with finer textures later.

Pers

Ahh, isn't he such an Angel?
    How could you possibly shoot at him?

Sounds great pers

I've already seen this one myself and its actually waves, albeit they're a little too straight but I was thinking what if you were to 'raise' a few spots in it like a sandbar and break it up some it might actually look more right. But I digress I have seen a couple possible glitches but I'll review them with someone in the know before I call them out.

Textures like these can also be found in and around the London area, mostly in the Thames. The map used by the Up still has them. I'm aware of the huge amount of work that comes with this map. My compliments to all involved and a great thank you, this is the one most used by my historical missions.

A forest NE of Biggin Hill has the railtrack blocked that runs trough it. Here and there trees run over roads. How does the forest (tree) file work? Might it be possible to help with that kind of jobs? Great work on the railway by Vlissingen, adapting the mission maps to this version.

Dusty,

There are many instances of forests flowing over roadways and railways on the continent. Cleaning those areas, which are many, is very time consuming and hence wasn't done. It is scheduled as one of the many tasks for the map update which remains in the works.
    Pers

Ahh, isn't he such an Angel?
    How could you possibly shoot at him?