Thread: Need a little extra desktop space?

Default Need a little extra desktop space?

So, you've got your IL2 or LOFC running on your main monitor, but its covering up you TS window and you need to change channels but you keybindings aren't set right? You have to 'Alt-Tab' out of IL2 to do this - or - you just say "I can't change channels - can you switch me to the other channel please.........?".............

So, you've got your IL2 or LOFC running on your main monitor, but you want to run 'Touchbuddy' on a touchscreen.............

So, you've got your IL2 or LOFC running on your main monitor, but you want to run 'Data link' from IL2 or LOFC to display gauges in your 'simpit'...........

Try one of THESE.
    "War has a grim purpose and is extremely complex. Sophisticated planning and doctrine are present at every level. Yet at the point of fire battle is the essence of chaos and violence."

Default Re: Need a little extra desktop space?

Dangit, Oscar, now you've gone and pointed us to a new toy!

And the price is pretty decent, too!

Tell us, how does one put a particular program .... say Teamspeak, on the screen? I'm assuming one would want only Teamspeak to display on the smaller screen? Is that possible?
    Pers

Ahh, isn't he such an Angel?
    How could you possibly shoot at him?

Works just like a second monitor - extending the existing desktop. So, you'd startup your TS (or any program for that matter) and drag it over to the smaller (2nd monitor) display.
    "War has a grim purpose and is extremely complex. Sophisticated planning and doctrine are present at every level. Yet at the point of fire battle is the essence of chaos and violence."

Quote Originally Posted by 352ndOscar
    Works just like a second monitor - extending the existing desktop. So, you'd startup your TS (or any program for that matter) and drag it over to the smaller (2nd monitor) display.
    I have no experience with second monitors. I don't run IL-2 in windowed mode, so it takes up the entire available monitor space. Ran that way, wouldn't it extend into this monitor as well, thereby covering up the display? To use two monitors like this does one need to run IL-2 in windowed mode?
    Pers

Well, I would think that (1) you'd start TS and mouse drag it to the second monitor, then (2) start IL2 full screen on the main monitor. IL2 doesn't know how to extend beyond the main monitor, so, the TS display in the second monitor space is uneffected - meaning not covered up. That's how this second monitor capability worked when I used to run 'Touchbuddy' in local-mode on my desktop system (before I changed it to client-sever mode).

Ah, that makes sense.

Now, where did I leave my extra shekels?
    Pers

You boys are getting me in trouble with the Mrs. I guess I'll be buying this for the "office" and then finding that it didn't work as I wanted it to so, since I won't throw it away, I'll just swallow my pride over such a "bad purchase" and be "forced" to use it on my gaming rig. The $99 special can't be beat even as a backup monitor, albeit 7 inches but what the heck.