Thread: "Lock On Platinum" Announced.............

Default "Lock On Platinum" Announced.............

For those who feel IL2 is not enough challenge............

"Lock On Platinum" (US Only)

Over the past several months, several of you have asked why we cannot do a box product of Lock On and Flaming Cliffs 2 together in a single package. The speed bump has been that we do not own the intellectual property (IP) rights to Lock On; Ubisoft does. After several months of negotiations though, we have secured the license rights to release such a retail product in the U.S. We did not want to bring this up earlier in case the plan fell through.

This project has also been delayed because we want to integrate the Flaming Cliffs 2 patch into the DVD version of FC2 that will be included in the box package. This is particularly important because we want to resolve installer issues. As most of you have read, this patch is in final testing.

Once the patched FC2 code is complete, we can send it and the other publishing assets to our distributor for duplication and retail distribution. The time from sending final assets to LOP being on store shelves is about two months (typical packaging creation, duplication, and distribution time frame). As such, LOP should be available in early July of 2010. We'll do a press release on the ship date that will include a list of retailers and the purchase price.

Thanks,
    Matt Wagner
    Eagle Dynamics

Youtube: Lock On Platinum Promo

Sneak Preview of DCS:A-10: Lock On Flaming Cliffs New Terrain - Nevada
    (This is what I wait for........)
    "War has a grim purpose and is extremely complex. Sophisticated planning and doctrine are present at every level. Yet at the point of fire battle is the essence of chaos and violence."

Default Re: "Lock On Platinum" Announced.............

Are you lock-on fans going to set up a training program for us band new off the street want to be flyer's? You think the Group will adopt a second flight Sim to use in addition to IL2? TC

We keep an LOFC forum, so I'm just posting the news.....all the news....thats fit to be printed. SOme of the news gets the blood boiling just a little bit though...don't it.

I'm not advocating one (an LOFC Group) right now TC - just plain too busy with other 'stuff' right now to give it the attention it truely deserves. The last time we 'flew as a group' we had a lot of fun, but I found that the combined commitment of LOFC and IL2 was just too much and let it drop.

Maybe in the future................who knows?

"War has a grim purpose and is extremely complex. Sophisticated planning and doctrine are present at every level. Yet at the point of fire battle is the essence of chaos and violence."

I have Lock-on now just not installed, what else/other programs do I need to get up to snuff/current at this time. TC

PS, do you plan to have any training tonight?

If -all- you have is "LockOn", as in LO Version 1.0 or LO Gold Version 1.1, its not worth the effort to do all the work to bring it up to date IMHO. Just way too much work needed to do to bring it inline with the rest of the community (LOFC1 v1.2 modded).

If you just want to jump in a F-15/A-10 and fly around some in single-player mode - have at it. Just don't try any multi-player servers out there - you'll be SOL.

"Lock On Platinum" (LOP) will be out around July 2010 (rumored). After that, we see where things stand.

Tonight....don't know. Check and see. If I'm there we'll do something. If not, its because I'm at work....something I've reluctantly been doing a lot of lately.

Will LOP bring me up to date when released? TC

Absolutely......it wil be the latest and greatest - ALL new and ALL updated.

You won't need anything else (well, maybe a few little goody mods 'cause nothing is ever 'perfect') - not even your old copies.

Oscar, I am like you and have been waiting for this. If the flight modeling is as good as the Flamming Cliff Su-25 and the Black Shark, this will be a great one. It is another reason I recently invested in the Saitek 65F with the two throttles.

TC we will do what we can to bet however wants to fly this sim up to speed. Of course this will be outside the 352nd group activities, but some of us can't get enough of any of it.

RJ

"The most important branch of aviation is pursuit, which fights for and gains control of the air"
    U.S. Brigadier General William Mitchell

Some of the FMs have been updated, but, only the Su25/Su25T continue to have the advanced FMs - just like before. They fixed "a lot" of the complaints from LOFC! All the 3D stuff has been upgraded. The GUI is from BS (updated) as well as the map, Mission Editor, etc, etc.

"LOFC2 Announcement Thread (+FAQs)" at ED Forums (164 pages): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=47143

The 'study sims' will still be the only software to have the advanced FMs as was established in the ED 2005 Business Plan from DCS. So that means DCS:BS and DCS:A-10C (and what ever follows after that) from the DCS side of the house will be the only ones to have/get the advanced FMs.

The 'saving grace' is that LOP servers will be able to allow the 'study sim' owners to join LOP multiplayer sessions - when patched.

Plus, as I stated previously, new maps are coming (Nevada (Nellis Range), Afghanistan, Manchuria, etc) and LOP will allow you to chose which map you want to fly - something its never done before! So the BIG thing here is that you are no longer limited to just the old Russia/Georgia map. BIG Plus!

And, Yes, TC, we will do all we can to get those who want up to speed......but plan on it being just a little steep going uphill. Flying the F-15C, or A-10A, or Mig-29, or Su-27 is one thing. Learning all the avionics, their interoperability, the weapons systems, and the threats/countermeasures is the hard part.

Just for future and past reference to those who don't know:

Eagle Dynamics is a subsidiary of Digital Combat Simulator

Produced by Eagle Dynamics:

Flanker
    Flanker2
    LO = LockOn
    LOFC = LockOn Flaming Cliffs
    LOFC2 = Updated re-release of LOFC - Download only
    LOP = Updated re-release of LOFC2 - Commercial Boxed USA Version

Produced by Digital Combat Simulator:

DCS:BS = DCS: Black Shark (Ka-50) Flight Study Sim
    DCS:A-10C = DCS: A-10C Warthog Flight Study Sim

This is English Version of DCS:BS Manual. It will give you some in-sight into LOP except for the Ka-50 parts: http://www.lockonfiles.com/modules.p...ad&cid=155#cat