Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: x45 Saitek

Default x45 Saitek

Hey guys, i was just curious if any of you were using the X45 and had a profile that you wanted to share..... ;D Also I'm having a little problem creating a profile...can i create a profile in the editor, or do i need another program to do that. I'm at work right now, and unfortunately the saitek website is BLOCKED! Curse you WEBSENCE!!!hehe

Ribbs

Default Re: x45 Saitek

In all the years that I used my (2) X-45's, I never used a Saitek profile for IL-2.

That's not an indictment of the Saitek software, but, I never found a need to do it because everything I needed was right there in the IL2 Control section/configuration. It was just a straight stick-to-game mapping situation.

I can not say the same for when I used the X45 with Lock-On....then, I had to have a profile created and loaded. There were just too many things that needed controlling. Prop planes of WWII versus the avionics of a modern jet fighter - IL2 is just a simpler system.

Besides, as I've stated elsewhere, any controls I don't have programmed via the IL2 control setup are available via my Touchbuddy setup, so I really don't need them in both places.
    "War has a grim purpose and is extremely complex. Sophisticated planning and doctrine are present at every level. Yet at the point of fire battle is the essence of chaos and violence."

Well here's my problem..maybe you have an answer...hehe

I have my x45 joystick (usb)
    Sidewinder precision pro 2 racing wheel (that i plug in to use the pedals as rudder pedals)(usb)
    And then i have the bluetooth dongle(usb), that i use to connect my wii remote to my pc...(for headtracking)
    After the wii remote is connected it adds (HID drivers) and that makes the wii remote show up as a joystick.

Now comes the problem.. my game(IL2) will not recognise my joystick when i start it up. I can go to hardwaresetup then input...it shows "none"
    If i disconnect the bluetooth, then my joystick will show up. Coincidentally my joystick usually gets pushed back to the #4 slot (ID4) Therefore I have to program my stick everytime i want to fly. I also cant adjust the setting of the stick in game. I'm not sure of adjusting them in the calibration tab of the control panel will work in the game..will have to check that one out later. I was talking with Coster last night about it.. and the only solution to the problem of not having to reassign the stick everytime, is to go into the controls in the game and make sure that my stick was setting in the (ID4) slot. Then i went through and set all the controls to what i wanted.
    He then told me to unplug the controler. Make sure all the other controlers were in and running. Then right before i go into IL2 plug in my joystick. This would insure that my joystick was going to be in the (ID4) slot...and all my controls should still be assigned correctly.... : I was thinking, that if i had a profile associated with the controller itsself and not the game, it might work regardless of what slot its comes into the game as..... then again it might not...

Ribbs

Ribbs, I remember somewhere reading that the game will only allow three input devices to be used, not counting trak ir. Including your touchbuddy, are you using 4? If so that may be the problem.

Hell, I've got:

TIR
    Headphones
    X52Pro
    Bluetooth

......All running on USB

Remote TB uses IP/LAN - not an issue, and Local TB uses none of these.

The only thing IL2 knows or even cares about is 'game controllers' as defined in the Control Panel. IL2 makes the link to which game controller to be used via the il2setup.exe program in the games' root folder. Once set, it should not have to be reset - even if you unplug the controller itself.

This appears to the an issue at the OS level - outside the game and how his USB devices are assigned.
    "War has a grim purpose and is extremely complex. Sophisticated planning and doctrine are present at every level. Yet at the point of fire battle is the essence of chaos and violence."

I believe what is conflicting, is the Bluetooth Dongle or the drivers. when i go into the control panel and look at my game controllers... i have 4 in there. For some reason i have 2 bluetooth joysticks , my sidewinder racing wheel, and my saitek X45. I don't know why it is showing 2 BT joysticks..unless its counting the dongle and the wii remote as separate joysticks.....Also another thing. If i have the Bluetooth running and try and enter a server...it will never let me connect. I have to connect to the server first ,then tab out and set up and start the bluetooth and start freetrack. I'm about ready to just get rid of everything, and just fly with my old sidewinder joystick, like i used to...Ive spent more time and energy trying to get crap setup, than Ive got to fly with you guys. I concider myself a decent pilot, but i haven't been able to even participate with you guys like i know I'm capable of. Very Frustrated right now..... I wont be able to join you guys tonight also..I'm in the National Guard here in Idaho..and we have drill this weekend.. :( Coster and i messed around with some of the files lastnight, and he also showed me how to create a simple mission in the FMB. that way i can test the map out and get acquainted with it when i can.

Ribbs

Quote Originally Posted by 352ndOscar
    In all the years that I used my (2) X-45's, I never used a Saitek profile for IL-2.

That's not an indictment of the Saitek software, but, I never found a need to do it because everything I needed was right there in the IL2 Control section/configuration. It was just a straight stick-to-game mapping situation.

I can not say the same for when I used the X45 with Lock-On....then, I had to have a profile created and loaded. There were just too many things that needed controlling. Prop planes of WWII versus the avionics of a modern jet fighter - IL2 is just a simpler system.

Besides, as I've stated elsewhere, any controls I don't have programmed via the IL2 control setup are available via my Touchbuddy setup, so I really don't need them in both places.
    Hey Oscar....you and I are running similar setups, with Touchbuddy and all. You say that you never ran a profile with your X45? How did u use the mode buttons or the aux buttons on the throttle? Granted using the Touchbuddy is great for alot of commands, but I would really like to map someother commands to my stick. It would be nice to have mode 1 set for dogfighting 2 set for bombing ect. As it is now, i don't have any access to the different modes on my joystick.

I would also like someone to explain to me how to create a profile using the SST profile editor. I have read it a dozen times, but i must be doing something wrong. from what i understand, the profile tells the stick to emulate certain keystrokes of the game. as an example ... It tells me that if i want to map the trigger button to fire weapon 1, and weapon 1 uses the "spacebar" as the command... then i should open the editor click under the trigger button, and hit the coresponding keystroke"spacebar" . After I do that the space button appears under the trigger button. It then tells me to hit the green check mark to confirm..and then i can type a description in there if i want . Then it tells me to hit "enter" and up pops " Trigger= fire weapon 1...Done. That sounds easy, but in my game to fire weapon 1, its not the "spacebar" . If i go into the controls it says that fire weapon 1 is "joystick button 1". So when i do the above mentioned scenario... after i click under the trigger button and go to set my keystoke command.. i pull the trigger(button 1) and nothing happens.
    Now .. does IL2 have to be set to the DEFAULT key commands, for me to be able to assign them in a profile first? I would think that my touchbuddy profile would be all messed up and not work correctly.... Maybe i am over analysing this... and making it more difficult than it really is.... i seem to have a way of doing that....heh

On another note... Pers got me lined out on the CCM setup.. so I should be good to go.. He set up his server, and I jumped in for a second. He could see me, and iIcould see him. I didn't actually get to take off and fly... but from what I could see the base "Bodney" looked absolutely beautiful. :o Later that night I wanted to fly around a little bit, so i fired up the FMB and loaded the map up. I threw in a few P-51's at Bodney, and some 109's across the channel. Set 1 base to Red and 1 base to blue and unselected everything so that nothing was flashing. i set 1 of the p-51's as player and the rest of the aircraft as AI. Then i saved the map in the moving Dogfight folder as 109 intercept mission and hit save. I then went to hit exit so that i could go create my server and try out my new mission. When i hit exit it keeps asking me if i want to save this mission.. i say yes, and it wont let me exit the FMB. even if I just try to play the mission from the FMB it wont do anything. If I click No or just X out of the FMB and go create a server and load the mission it says Error no map in mission folder. I can go the the moving dogfight folder and see 2 files that are named 109 intercept in there but they are empty files 0kb. I talked to Booz about it, and he thought that i might not have the correct static.ini file, and that was why I wasn't able to save the map and mission, so he sent me a static .ini file and iIreplaced the one i had (made a backup copy of my original) and tryed his. It still wont let me save at all. what am i doing wrong?

Ribbs

In the FMB go into edit, select MDS/rearm/refuel, change the time from 10 to 15, close that by clicking on the X in the upper right hand corner, create game and save. TC

Quote Originally Posted by 352ndtoo-cool
    In the FMB go into edit, select MDS/rearm/refuel, change the time from 10 to 15, close that by clicking on the X in the upper right hand corner, create game and save. TC
    Ribbs,

TC is right. Because of a "quirk" in the Zuti mod, in order to save any mission in the FMB (on any map, I believe) you need to open the MDS area and select any tab. It is the tab selection, I think, that activates the mod ... you don't have to actually modify anything, although you might want to.

Once the MDS area is selected and a tab opened, the mission should save okay for you.
    Pers

Ahh, isn't he such an Angel?
    How could you possibly shoot at him?

Ok thanks guys! I will give that a shot tonight..... any thoughts on the joystick profile problems?....heh :