Thread: Broken Computer

Default Broken Computer

Well guys...not sure what happened...
    Sunday afternoon I went to boot up my computer to fly with you guys, and i had lost all my sound devices. I'm not sure whats going on. My computer started running realy slow and I'm getting lockups all the time now. It also will not let me uninstall anything...im getting error left and right....
    I'm in the process of doing a complete reinstall of windows XP..(its needed this for quite sometime now anyways). I'm also thinking about getting a new motherboard and processor. The old amd 3000 is getting tired. Might grab some more Ram also...running 2 gigs now.. I will keep you guys posted on the process..hopefull i will be up and flying soon... : S!

Default Re: Broken Computer

Im looking for a motherboard cpu combo...in the 200$ range and prob around 4gigs of ram in about the 100$ range....

My current setup is this
    MSI K8N SLI MB with an AMD 1.8 3000 cpu
    2gigs of DDR2 Ram
    PNY Gforce 9600gt 512mb

Any Suggestions?

Ribbs

Is you GForce AGP or PCI?
    Pers

Ahh, isn't he such an Angel?
    How could you possibly shoot at him?

Talk to the people at Tiger Direct, they have been very helpful to me in the past and not real pushy when it comes to selling. http://www.tigerdirect.com/

RJ

"The most important branch of aviation is pursuit, which fights for and gains control of the air"
    U.S. Brigadier General William Mitchell

Its a PCI-E i will check out tiger direct also...i built this systen a couple of years back..from parts from newegg.
    Its just that when it comes to motherboards and CPU'S ..i really am not up to speed on them.

I think that is were Tiger Direct can help. Things need to be compatible and if you tell them what you have they can suggest some components that might work with what you all ready have.

RJ

"The most important branch of aviation is pursuit, which fights for and gains control of the air"
    U.S. Brigadier General William Mitchell

Update: Alright here goes... I reinstalled windows XP pro Fresh...updated Video drivers , sound card drivers and so on. I ordered some new parts from newegg...this is what i got..

AMD Phenom II X2 550 Black Edition 3.1GHz Socket AM3 80W Dual-Core Processor - Retail
    Xtreme Design w/ CrossFireX, DDR3 1800

ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM - Retail

Im hoping this will liven up my system alittle..

Also my joystick arived so i will have to set that up along with reinstalling IL2 1946 with all the goodies ..... its getting there slowly. ...hmmm im wondering if im goinng to need to reinstall windows again after i install my new motherboard and Cpu?... we will have to see.. :-\ S!

Ribbs

Well i just did a little research, and it does look like i might be doing anotherer install of windows once the new stuff arrives....not a big deal to me... I still have all the "important" stuff on my other partition.