Thread: Track Clip Pro Quality...

Default Track Clip Pro Quality...

Guys, Just an FYI. Last night my Track Clip Pro broke and I had to make hasty repairs with duct tape (3rd behind beer and the airplane on the list of greatest inventions). I've done some web surfing today and found that this is a very very common issue. The pivot point on the piece that holds the 3 reflection dots to the clip you mount on your head set is just two very thin pieces of plastic. It doesn't take much torque on it at all to break one of them off. The good news is the Natural Point was very co-operative (at least so far) and will replace it free after I send them the camera S/N and a picture of the broken clip.

I love the improvement in tracking over the hat clip that you get with the Track Clip Pro but it is an unnecessarily fragile piece. I may just end up adjusting the next one the way I like and then epoxying it. From the postings on the TIR forums I get the impression that a redesign may be in the works (along with a blue tooth wireless option) but that hasn't actually been said anywhere. In the mean time don't throw out your hat clips.
    Jinks

"For most people the sky is the limit, for the pilot the sky is home" - unknown

Default Re: Track Clip Pro Quality...

JINKERS, the same thing happened to me about a month ago. The thing fell and broke, I also had to use duct tape.Can you send me the instructions/link for the process of getting a new one? Thanks

Mike.

Have a read on the TrackIR forums in the Track Clip Pro section: http://forum.naturalpoint.com/forum/...oard=49&page=1

There are several threads concerning this fault. The mod suggestion is to email a pic and description of the problem to their support email along with the camera S/N. This is what I did and the response so far was that they will send me a new one but that they are in high demand and it may be a week or two before it ships. I'll post back here when (if) I get it.

Jinks

Get a hat clip......

"The most important branch of aviation is pursuit, which fights for and gains control of the air"
    U.S. Brigadier General William Mitchell

My replacement Track Clip Pro arrived today. Good customer service, just wish they would find a fix for this weak link.
    Jinks