Thread: Food for thought in a mission ?

Default Food for thought in a mission ?

Just some food for thought in a mission. Don't know what other category to put this in. Taken from a group I occasionally fly with.

================================================== =

The bomb run was the B-24 mission to the power station. Seemed pretty much a standoff between bombers and fighters tonight.

After the meeting I settled into the new 4.09m version, full mission builder. I was interested in some of the new features such as, infantry and troop drops. On playing it, I noticed I got a neat 500 points for dropping troops over the combat zone. Also, I flew over the infantry group moving across an open field. I wondered if I landed nearby, would they engage me. Upon landing I nosed over and bent the prop. Soon an infantry platoon of 11 men came out of the woods and redirected to my position. As I zoomed in on them I saw they were armed with automatic weapons and bazooka. I watched in amazement as they advanced in three's...exchanging advancement of three's. Wow...when in range the guys with automatic rifles opened up and I could hear the bullets penetrating the aircraft. Then the guy with the bazooka blew me up. Much more than I had expected..for sure.

================================================== ==

Trapper

Some see the glass as half empty, some see it as half full. I see a glass that's too big.

Default Re: Food for thought in a mission ?

What you are describing is in a modded v4.09m isn't it Trapper ?

Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels
    What you are describing is in a modded v4.09m isn't it Trapper ?

Wheels
    I guess so Wheels. They're not my words though.

Trapper
    Some see the glass as half empty, some see it as half full. I see a glass that's too big.

Yes, without a doubt, the action described by the unknown and luckless author "CAN" happen in HSFX.....................scarry huh?

"War has a grim purpose and is extremely complex. Sophisticated planning and doctrine are present at every level. Yet at the point of fire battle is the essence of chaos and violence."

Quote Originally Posted by 352ndOscar
    Yes, without a doubt, the action described by the unknown and luckless author "CAN" happen in HSFX.....................scarry huh?
    Now if only I can find a way to man the bazooka ! I'm pretty good with it in Battlefield 1942 ;D

Trapper

Quote Originally Posted by 352ndOscar
    That adds a whole new dimension. 8)

Wheels