Thread: Cudos for the Systematic Approach

Default Cudos for the Systematic Approach

Greetings to the 352nd, and thank you for being welcoming to all of us outsiders.
    I haven't checked in on your site for quite some time now, and I guess like everyone else, I guess I can confess to really looking forward to your big projects' completions.
    I wanted to say to you all here that I am impressed with your focus and the deliberate systematic approach to your two big projects. As a non-youth, I see in my mind's eye the probability that once you guys finish each of these opi (?) , opuses (?) there will be a lot of flying and a minimum amount of tweaking. It really is a great example of disciplined development, and I applaud you. I also applaud the group effort, for many eyes are always more vigilant, and because such is true, I believe that the likelihood of little bug issues on your maps will be unlikely. I am also the proud owner of a very old pc, and we struggle together to stay in the IL2 sky, and those of us like me who cannot afford regular pc upgrades really appreciate the philosophy of making your maps flyable by averageish machines.
    There is a fascinating plethora of very clever people modding this sim, and I have benefited from just about everyone without giving anything back but unsolicited advice, but there are few groups who continually present the 352nd's calm, enjoyment and purpose, with just about no sniping and curlish sarcasm. It's too bad that I don't have consistently available time to fly with a regular group, and also that I prefer the Daimler Benz to the Packard Merlin driven craft, but that doesn't stop me admiring the efforts of all. I can hardly wait to fly in your part of the world.

Sincerely,

From Nova Scotia, Canada
    Kopfdorfer

Default Re: Cudos for the Systematic Approach

What a wonderful post, Kopfdorfer. Thank you for your very kind words. I hope we are deserving of them, and we will continue to strive to be.

The map is very much a team effort but the drive and artistic talent behind it belongs to Booze. He's a magician. The rest of us are really extras, necessary to the project because no one can do everything alone, but without the talent and the vision of Booze, we'd still be flying Bodney on the Kurland map!

Thanks again, and if you ever want to bring that Benz into one of our sessions you are welcome ...
    Pers

Ahh, isn't he such an Angel?
    How could you possibly shoot at him?