Thread: Grafton Underwood and Polebrook

Default Grafton Underwood and Polebrook

~S~ v352FG
    I am the CO of a Dedicated Bomber Group. The 1st All Dedicated Virtual Bomber Group. I have been following
    your progress on both your cross channel maps and I must say I am very impress with it. Especially you 1942-45 map.
    I really love the way you have the air field set up for USAAF Heavy Bombers. I was wondering if you are planning to
    include more USAAF Heavy Bomber Air Fields such as Grafton Underwood which the 97th BG (H) flow the first 8th USAAF
    Heavy Bomber Mission to Rouen France. This mission was led by then Capt. Paul W Tibbets Jr. CO of the 340th B.S. of the
    97th B.G. Also Polebrook which was another important 8th USAAF Air Field.
    I can not wait for this map to get done. My Group is looking forward to flying missions on your cross channel map 1942-45.
    I will be keeping an eye out on your progress and up dates.
    Kabyo

Default Re: Grafton Underwood and Polebrook

Kabyo greetings and thanks for following our progress. The Late War map is our more highly detailed of the 2 and we are encouraging groups withing IL2 to do exactly what you just did and ask about the airfields that your group used during the war. I'm on my first cup of coffee this morning and do not have our 8th AF list in front of me but if its in the map area we will include it. If you happen to have any aerials or site plans handy please send them our way and we will be happy to create the airfields for you. Also many of our members stay active with the 352nd Fighter Group and the Veterans are helping us out in our continued development of our home base of Bodney airfield. So if you come across pictures of particular buildings at your airfield please send us a picture of them and mark them on the aerial as to there location and we'll put it in there.

Best regards,
    Booze ;D

Yes the first Mission Over France
    Objective is the railway at Sotteville les Roeun near Rouen

No B17 were lost
    Many squadron of spitfire protect them against the german JG2 and prevent any assault against the viermot
    German just can see them from far away and identify them as english bomber

(sorry for my english)

Hallacar, great to see you and thanks for the story on the mission, And your English is great, we appreciate you communicating in our native tongue.

Booze

~S~ 352 VFG and 352ndBooze
    So how is the map coming along. Saw the picture you
    posted and all I can say is WOW!!!
    I do have maps of the Air Bases of Grafton Underwood
    and Polebrook. However every time I tried to post the
    picture of them I would get that the pictures were to big.
    Now I just remember I have ImageShack. So here are the pictures
    of both Air Fields. I hope this works.LOL

I hope this helps.
    I will check back later.
    Kabayo

Kabayo thanks these are great and very helpful, we appreciate your efforts in contributing them. ;D

thank you again,
    Booze

~S~ 352ndBooze
    Your Welcome Booze. I am gald I am able to help the 352nd VFG.
    I can not wait for the 352nd VFG cross channel map to come out.
    I believe your cross channel map will be the greatest map to come out
    and make IL-2 even better.