Thread: Realistic Gunnery

Default Realistic Gunnery

Hey guys. I wasn't sure where to post this, so hopefully I chose a good spot. I usually play this game with full realistic settings turned on, EXCEPT for Realistic Gunnery. I've seen plenty of WWII videos, and I just can't help but feel that turning on the Realistic Gunnery setting is actually not very realistic. It is extremely difficult to hit a non-moving target, let alone a moving one.

Does anyone else feel the same or do any pilots out there with actual combat experience feel it is fine the way it is in the game?

Thanks.

Default Re: Realistic Gunnery

By turning you mean the shaking when you pull the trigger. It might me a bit overdone or not. But one thing for sure is that (For Example), a P-51 mustang will surely shake when you fire 6 50 cal machine guns at the same time. In those WW2 videos you don`t see much of it because the camera is usually mounted on to the cockpit. Your head is not. Just like in a car when you Brake,Turn,or Accelerate, your head moves freely. But if you mount a camera on to it, you wont see any effect at all.