Thread: Ye ole Y-29 helmet

Default Ye ole Y-29 helmet

I'm hoping at least one or two of you remember WAY back around 2005 I was working out a mural of Bodenplatte over Asch to paint on a snowmobile helmet. Someone on this forum had put me in contact with one of the guys that was there that day watching from the ground. The helmet is being retired and my customer would like to get any signatures possible from original 352nd vets. So name and address or some kind of contact info would be needed. Here's a couple images to help jog the memory!

Thanks in advance,
    -N8

owboykustoms.com

Default Re: Ye ole Y-29 helmet

Due to the age of these vets and the ease with which some people try to take advantage of them, we don't give out names or addresses of them. This is not to say that you are trying to take advantage of them, but these members of the greatest generation have done their part and now just wish to live their lives in peace and tranquility without interference from those outside their own sphere. I hope you understand.

Ok I looked back at my old post. The name you gave me is Ray Mitchell.

I don't want to make it sound like I'm capitalizing on anything here. I have no less respect and admiration for these guys than anyone here. Why else would I spend 50 plus hours painting a mural on this helmet? I poured heart and soul into this thing and now that it's past the wear and tear I'd like to complete it the way I originally wanted to.

I don't have to contact them directly. Whatever avenue that's most appropriate is fine. If he or anyone else is unwilling that's fine too, I can respect that. This is no different to me as any canvas painting signed by Galland or Tex Hill.

It will never be sold, it's not for some promotion. It's about honor and respect, not taking advantage.

-N8
    owboykustoms.com

Madcatter,

Here's a link from the Contact page of the 352nd's Website:

http://www.352ndfightergroup.com/assoc/main.html

Hope it helps.

Coster
    "If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.”—Samuel Adams

352ndFG - By the Community, For the Community...

Thanks Coster, I shot an email out there too.
    -N8
    owboykustoms.com