Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Bird WiP

Default Re: New Bird WiP

Ok this week end we will cut the rest of the aircaft and clean the model, smooth it etc...

Hi Gents,
    I had to redo the wing. It did it overnight yesterday. I was not really happy with it.
    Then I cut the cockpit, flaps and ailerons. We are getting there.

need to perform some readjustment on the wing to fit with the fuselage perfectly.

This is really looking nice Champ

"The most important branch of aviation is pursuit, which fights for and gains control of the air"
    U.S. Brigadier General William Mitchell

"The T-6 Texan single-engine trainer aircraft entered production in 1937 after the United States Army Air Corps made an order for 180 aircraft and the British Royal Air Force for 400. The USAAC designated their aircraft as BC-1, while the RAF called theirs the Harvard I. The US Navy received 16 modified aircraft, which they designated SNJ-1, and then 61 more as SNJ-2. As the war began in Europe, a total of 1,173 were contracted to be given to the RAF and the Royal Canadian Air Force via Lend Lease; these were the AT-6 Harvard II variants with squared-off wingtips and straight-edged rudders. As the United States geared for war, the US Army Air Force received 1,549 AT-6A aircraft and the Navy 270 SNJ-3 aircraft, which were trainers equipped with the more powerful Pratt & Whitney R-1340-49 Wasp radial engines."
    So which variant will this 'proposed" Texan be? - T-6 Texan Variants

"War has a grim purpose and is extremely complex. Sophisticated planning and doctrine are present at every level. Yet at the point of fire battle is the essence of chaos and violence."

AT-6A

AT-6A - Otherwise known as:

- North American NA-77

- USAAC AT-6A
    - USN SNJ-3

- Same as AT-6 but with 600hp R-1340-49 Wasp radial engine and removable wing centre section fuel tanks, 1847 built with 298 transferred to the United States Navy as the SNJ-3.

- Survivors re-designated T-6A in 1948.

Got it - Thanks....
    "War has a grim purpose and is extremely complex. Sophisticated planning and doctrine are present at every level. Yet at the point of fire battle is the essence of chaos and violence."

Anytime Oscar.
    I will certainly redo the tail fin, and I will cut the propeller cone so that it looks like the one on the picture.

We have an original AT-6 as a display aircraft here. I will check variant, get some pictures and post them here. The aircraft is in the standard Yellow and Blue paint scheme used by the USAAC Flight Training bases at the time.

Wow what a beautiful aircraft Champ. I MAY consider becoming a flight instructor. Heee heee

VERY nice work Champ!! Can't wait to fly this one!!!