Thread: New BoB Textures WIP

Default New BoB Textures WIP

A couple snapshots of a new textures set we have under development.

Default Re: New BoB Textures WIP

Booze you're on to something with this set! Excelent work. Forget what I said about the scaling of the trees. With the size of the vehicles includes in the shots , its quite apparent that the sized pretty well.
    "War has a grim purpose and is extremely complex. Sophisticated planning and doctrine are present at every level. Yet at the point of fire battle is the essence of chaos and violence."

Thanks Oscar, they're getting there, scaling seems to be pretty good. A little more cleaning up and a couple more combinations and we should be good to go.

Hey, we could use a "marshes" texture..............placing it would be a challenge, but I know the major areas.

"War has a grim purpose and is extremely complex. Sophisticated planning and doctrine are present at every level. Yet at the point of fire battle is the essence of chaos and violence."

Looking very good chaps. Looking at the screenies you get a real feel of actual texture going on down there.
    Another observation I like, the lack of shadow in the actual tiles. So many good textures I've seen over the years are ruined by the inclusion of shadow on hedgerow and treeline.

Beautiful. As luck would have it I flew over SE England in July this year and you have those captured those summer tones very nicely.

It would be worth checking any footage you can find from the 40s though, not for colors, but for the density of the trees (seem pretty dense in your shots) and the tree vs hedgerow balance.

Keep it up!
    For Battle of Britain sim news, articles and resources<br />Battle of Britain Game Hub<br />www.freewebs.com/heinkill

Thanks Brigstock, Heinkill, they are coming along. Still have more tweaking to do.

Wow, great work guys-those textures look gorgeous

One thing though-will you incorporate any of the SoW style textures, or are you making and editing them yourselves?
    Also, I'd stay tunes to see what Canon and Compans turn out next month on his BoB map, as I've read that they have also made some fabulous textures

It's nice being off forum for a while-then coming back to see this.

Incidentally is clockwatcher still working on this with you?

Great work,
    Philip

Hi Philip nice to see you glad you stopped by. Yes, ClockWatcher is still working with us however he is on assignment currently with the RAF but still a member at large. ;D And we tried the BoB textures but decided to develope our own set because they didn't match up well with the Slovakian color scheme we have adopted so we will be using our own. I have been busy and have not really followed canons map. Last I saw he put out a beta then moved on to another project without finishing it. But noticed recently it was back on, I was glad to see the community come to the rescue and pitch in to get it completed. I'm sure it will be nice Compans does nice work.

Best regards,
    Booze