Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DCS Black Shark

Default Re: DCS Black Shark

Quote Originally Posted by ramblin_jack
    I got it Oscar, and this one is going to take some time to learn. Looking forward to doing just that. When I can I will give you a review.

RJ
    And the answer is ?

Trapper
    Some see the glass as half empty, some see it as half full. I see a glass that's too big.

Very realistic if you like flipping switches and actually using a checklist. The flight dynamics are great and will take some time to learn to fly. The weapons systems will be another completely different set of learning objectives. If you have time I would get it, I also heard the the same DCS will be releasing the A-10 Hog in early 2010. I am really looking forward to that release.

RJ

"The most important branch of aviation is pursuit, which fights for and gains control of the air"
    U.S. Brigadier General William Mitchell

A couple of articles at SimHQ.

A Stick and Rudder Man's Guide to DCS: Black Shark by Frank "Dart" Giger: http://www.simhq.com/_air13/air_421a.html

DCS: A-10C Warthog in game screenshots by Doug "guod" Atkinson: http://www.simhq.com/_air13/air_425a.html

Wheels

Guys while I was in Utah I installed this game on my Brother-in-Laws pc. Everything seems to work fine but when you run the game is will not let you get out of Pause/Lock mode. You spawn in and the game is paused and no buttons release you. I just arrived home from vacation last night and am just starting to research this for him. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm sure you've guessed by now but he is running Vista.

Thanks,
    Booze

Is he starting it up in the training mode? If so, all I have to do is hit the Pause/Break button and the training lesson beginnings. During the training or when it is complete, you can then takeover and fly the machine. Is he able to run any of the tracks? There are many settings that need to be set Booze, if he can't get on here, he can sure email me and I will give him whatever help I can.

RJ

"The most important branch of aviation is pursuit, which fights for and gains control of the air"
    U.S. Brigadier General William Mitchell

Thanks RJ, I may have him do that, he is running it from a laptop and not having much luck with it so far.

Thanks,
    Booze