Thread: Scorched Earth

Default Scorched Earth

I noticed that the 352nd participate in SE, are there any plans to map the Channel map for SE?
    I realize because of the nature of SE and the undefined status of Modded Maps, it may not be possible in an official SE release.
    However a standalone database could be created and I'd be most willing to assist if you are to go down that route.

I'm currently doing a rough job on Cannons Channel map for our squadrons fun, but a future 1:1 map would be excellent in an SE environment.

Default Re: Scorched Earth

Thanks for your post Brigstock.

Yes, I have been contemplating migrating not only our map, but also "The Slot" maps into SEOW. I haven't figured out how I'm going to approach them yet but I will soon. The very size of the maps is going to dictate a somewhat different approach than the map conversions that I've done in the past. Trust me - its a big project. It will/may also require some SEOW changes which I will be getting with 4Shades to discuss. Keep checking back ....

Oscar
    "War has a grim purpose and is extremely complex. Sophisticated planning and doctrine are present at every level. Yet at the point of fire battle is the essence of chaos and violence."

Thanks for the reply Oscar

Quote Originally Posted by 352ndOscar
    Trust me - its a big project.
    I don't doubt that for a moment hence the cursory inquiry... I can't say I'd be looking forward to mapping all the roads and bridges :o.
    I'm a third of the way through putting a very rough Cannon Channel map into SE for my V Squadrons pleasure. I'm not going to map all the roads, just a few core routes to help move fuel around. But the idea that there would be a Full Channel MAP available in the future is very exciting for an RAF centric campaigner like myself.

If you think mapping roads, bridges, etc is fun, try bring in all the new type airbases, industiral areas, railroads and marshalling yards, etc! Not to mention sector tables, ports and harbors, and the eventual OOB's. THere's plenty to do - that's for sure.

"War has a grim purpose and is extremely complex. Sophisticated planning and doctrine are present at every level. Yet at the point of fire battle is the essence of chaos and violence."

Oh I don't know I kinda like all that stuff , it's just roads and railways that I find tedious.

Good luck with it though, if you need a little help mapping some of it let me know, always glad to help.