Thread: Need an IL-2 total reinstall how-to

Default Need an IL-2 total reinstall how-to

I would greatly appreciate it if we could have a topic somewhere in the forums that describes how to do a complete reinstall of IL-2 to get it to the most up-to-date version we run. It would need to be a single post, or the first post, where the complete how to is maintain by someone. It would need to be edited each time a change was made or an addition made. Not by posting additional posts to a very long thread, or it would get lost. I've been looking all over for something to show how to get mine up to speed, but even if I find it, I have no idea of where I am in the getting up to date process.

It's my fault, I haven't kept up enough. But I think something like this would help others who sometime get lost in all the updates. The information would be in a place where you know you can alway find it with all the information and links to downloads. Especially for people like me who have to take frequent breaks. As of now, I can fly our regular dogfighting, and I think I'm just missing a map that prevents me from flying certain missions, but I'm not positive that's all I'm missing. Again, I know it's my fault for not keeping track but I know you guys. If I or someone else can't do the mission because they don't have the map, you'll change the mission. That's not fair to the people that keep up. I'm just asking for something to make it easy for people to keep up to date.

Default Re: Need an IL-2 total reinstall how-to

Great idea, Duck as we all get lost sometime and need help.
    To do this, it would be best to start with the 1946 disc, then go to the ftp site and follow this folder structure:
    Patches/Do Not release to non-suad members/mod_unified installer/IL2_4.09m_mod_352ndVFG_20080424_full.exe
    D/l that and install it and you are done. One complete unified installer from the 1946 disc to our current status.
    Double check this with Coster and make sure since he made the installer for just this purpose.
    We have another update that will be released soon but there will be an announcement for this which will update the installer you would have installed.

Default Re: Need an IL-2 total reinstall how-to

I "think" Pers just sent out an email to what you are referring, Deacon. But IMO putting it in emails is how it gets lost, at least for me. If we had that information in one place on the forum thats always easy to find, it would help. Just a suggestion.

Tonight, I'll follow your directions and create a totally new install, but one seperate from the one I fly on now. I need to clean some of my installs out. I think I have 3 or 4 IL2 folders of different installs, yet I've only used one for a long time.