Thread: Current progress of our Cross-Channel Maps

Default Re: Current progress of our Cross-Channel Maps

Can't wait for this.

Will you only publish it here?

Quote Originally Posted by 352ndDeacon
    ... We also are now testing a complete set of coop missions in the form a campaign of BOB...
    Absolutely brilliant. Simply can't wait. Thanks guys.

PPanPan

Phillip ed,
    At this time we are planning to release it through our site only but things may change if there is such a great demand.
    What you will see is that we have left most of the cities "barren" except for the city texture. This not only cuts down on the size of the actors static file, speeding up loading, but also allows the mission makers to tailor their missions as they see fit rather than us dictating to them how they want a specific area to look.
    We've done this on a number of the German airfields in France also for this same reason and also because we obtained so many conflicting aerials and data on exactly how those airfields looked at the time.
    All I can tell you is that we've been flying this map for some time now in testing and tweaking and if I must say so myself, it is stunning especially early morning or at dusk.
    We have been using our own personal version of it as a mid war map for our own series of historical missions of the 352ndFG as we've included a 100% accurate version of Bodney, our home field, built from the blueprints of the base given to us from the 352ndFG vets. No matter how many times we fly over familiar terrain, all of us still marvel at its beauty.
    When released, we hope you will also.

Thanks for the detailed reply, your dedication to this project continues to astound me.
    I really cannont wait for this....I am sure there will be a big demand for this map

Ive been following this for some time and I'm so happy its reaching a point were the guys who are working so hard on this are finally gonna get some public praise for putting this together.

Cant wait!

Firstly, can I just say what amazing work you guys have been doing on this map - I have been an avid fan from the sidelines for some time. It is visually stunning - a true epic.
    I read in an earlier post that it will be possible to run this using HSFX - is the intention to have the completed map amalgamated into the updated HSFX 4.2?
    Just wondering!!

Once again, fabulous work - cant wait to try it out. I will be sightseeing for weeks.

Excellent - Many thanks.

Jonah

If it's put into 4.2, I hope 4.2 is an add-on for 4.1

It is visually stunning - a true epic.
    It's a BIG canvas - it will be what you make it to be. BTW, size = 294.3nm x 238.5nm (approximately)

I will be sightseeing for weeks.
    .....Months!

If it's put into 4.2...........
    That'll be up to the guys at 242Squadron.........
    "War has a grim purpose and is extremely complex. Sophisticated planning and doctrine are present at every level. Yet at the point of fire battle is the essence of chaos and violence."

Persecutor is nearly finished with a texture editing task on the continent. That is the last "big job" remaining unfinished before map release.

We are getting even closer. Final proofing, packaging, and "off to the printers it goes".
    Pers

Ahh, isn't he such an Angel?
    How could you possibly shoot at him?

Great ! ;D ;D ;D ;D