Thread: Current progress of our Cross-Channel Maps

Default Current progress of our Cross-Channel Maps

Welcome to our New Cross Channel Maps Forums!! ;D

Hello all and welcome to our New and Improved forums covering our Cross-Channel Maps development. Where we left off............................. The Cliffs of France have been added and are currently being textured. Pointe du Hoc is coming along nicely as well as some additional editing to Dover being completed. We have some more Cliffs to be added to the English Coasts also. Will post some pics soon.

Best reagrds,
    Booze ;D

Default Re: Current progress of our Cross-Channel Maps

Greetings Gentlemen.

I wish to extend the offer of any assistance possible by myself, and certain members of the RAF 662'nd CFSG in your endeavors.

Anything that we can do to assist will be done, and as I said to Mr Booze, I apologize for any inconvenience that you guys might have encountered that required your moving of the WIP.

Cheers,

RAF_Magpie
    RAF Magpie

Squadron Leader, Zulu Squadron, RAF 662 nd CFSG - www.RAF662.com

Mags, great to see you!! And no worries my friend, the problems had nothing to do with you. You have been nothing but an asset to the MODS Community and a gentleman in your dealings with everyone. Glad you found us. ;D

Booze

RAF 662!!Reminds me of the old days of CFS1....

Yes, Magpie, you gents wouldn't be the same or related to those boys that had THE site in CFS? They gave us the best and closest competition of any squad to date in a memorable challenge match in which everyone gained respect for the other group, no matter which side you flew on.

hehehe, yup the one in the same guys

And by all means, we should would like to revive those days even more if you guys wished to continue the traditions Come along and visit www.RAF662.com - I'm pretty sure you'll see a lot of familiar faces around too.

BTW re; AAA you might find the road has been steamrolled and most of the bumps removed... But I understand any hesitations about that...

Anyway, glad to see you guys are still working with these fine maps - and again, you have our offers of assistance if needed.
    RAF Magpie

Quote Originally Posted by 352ndDeacon
    Yes, Magpie, you gents wouldn't be the same or related to those boys that had THE site in CFS? They gave us the best and closest competition of any squad to date in a memorable challenge match in which everyone gained respect for the other group, no matter which side you flew on.
    I remember that one! IIRC good ol gater and one of thier guys were the last in a last-man-standing FFA. Both were damaged badly but Gator augered in 2-3 seconds after thier guy (take it any way you can get it ;D). For my part I colided with one of thiers on the first pass :-[ (that was my motivation for that whole collision bubble H2H mod) Great fun that I would love to repeat.
    Jinks

"For most people the sky is the limit, for the pilot the sky is home" - unknown

May I add my "Hello" also to you Magpie.

I sure remember the RAF662's work on CFS.

Its all said in this thread posted on Mission4Today

http://www.mission4today.com/index.p...ewtopic&t=1645

I laughed at Chalky's "age limitations" comment.

Its funny how "chance" encounters of the fourth kind brings folks together.

It was flying the CFS "Bodney Belle" by the 352nd in the past that brought me here, and via a guy called "Pers" who came to my aid when I was totally lost on the AAA Forum and had this neat signature picture showing CFS and IL2 "352nd".

Distant memory things ring a dusty bell.

You just never know what life has in store for you around the corner.

Take care,

Trapper
    Some see the glass as half empty, some see it as half full. I see a glass that's too big.

Well guys, I'm glad that so many of you have such fond memories of the 662'nd. Please feel free to pop along and have a chat to the rest of the group at www.raf662.com.
    We're usually on most times, on Hyperlobby, so feel free to poke one of us into a conversation.

Other than that, are you guys planning on publishing your goodies on AAA? Not that your decision concerns me either way (obviously I have nothing to do with it), just so I can clarify it with some of the admins over on that side of the pond. Also, I have some more buildings (textures) and stuff you guys might be interested in using, along with... other stuff (read; new textures, city templates [autopop] etc)...
    RAF Magpie

Uther

Hi guys! I take it all news of the new maps will be here now,and not at AAA? If I can help with any more pics just ask!