Thread: Current progress of our Cross-Channel Maps

Default Re: Current progress of our Cross-Channel Maps

Quote Originally Posted by 352ndDeacon
    It is planned to be installed inside a HSFX version of IL2
    Great news ... but I'm on UP 2.0. I think it has a switcher for HSFX, but not really sure if/how that might work. Fingers crossed
    PPanPan

Quote Originally Posted by PPanPan
    Quote Originally Posted by 352ndDeacon
    It is planned to be installed inside a HSFX version of IL2
    Great news ... but I'm on UP 2.0. I think it has a switcher for HSFX, but not really sure if/how that might work. Fingers crossed
    PPanPan

PPanPan - It will be like the map installers from AAA (not a compiled program), so you can manually install the files or HaDeS or CharlieChap will be able to easily incorporate it into their packages. The package will work if your installation has a ..\mods\mapmods\maps folder, or more specifically a ..\mods\mapmods\maps\all.ini file. The map contains new textures but, no objects not contained in HSFX.

Coster
    "If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.”—Samuel Adams

352ndFG - By the Community, For the Community...

Thanks for the explanation Coster. I have never managed to even register at AAA, let alone use their installer! I think I will leave it for Hades to add to the next incarnation of UP. Can't wait.

Cheers

PPanPan

if you've ever wanted to register PPan then can give Monguse or someone a heads up as I'm a moderator there

great news
    as said zgood Frenchies are waiting for you amazing job

Any idea on map release for this and the late war map ?

Quote Originally Posted by 328th_Harper
    Any idea on map release for this and the late war map ?
    The Early War map will be released, assuming no unexpected issues, later this month (two weeks, be sure!). The late war map is a long way off.
    Pers

Ahh, isn't he such an Angel?
    How could you possibly shoot at him?

Re the 1940 map .............. yippeeeeeee ;D. It's my 40th birthday about then, so that would be a perfect present!!

Obviously, to make the late war map as realistic as possible, you should only release it in 4 years' time .

PPanPan

Thank you for letting us know two weeks in advance; I need to take care of alot of things now!
    How am i going to tell my wife... ??? I need to take days off from work, cancel family parties, barbecues, visits to friends and any other non-IL2 related thing.. :
    Cleanup my pc for optimum performance and undust my joystick.. :P
    OMG OMG OMG ;D

What we are planning is a self installer for the CCM which can be installed in HSFX. We'll include a readme of some size and shortly thereafter, we'll issue another readme with aerials of all the bases and their pertinent information. We didn't want to include this second readme as we don't want to increase the size of the installer. We also are now testing a complete set of coop missions in the form a campaign of BOB. All this should be released before the end of May.