Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The 352nd VFG and the "Mods"

Default Re: The 352nd VFG and the "Mods"

Bong,

We have an update to the installer you used dated 09-16. Do you have it? If not, let me know and I'll PM you with a link.
    Pers

Ahh, isn't he such an Angel?
    How could you possibly shoot at him?

Bong,
    Thanks for flying with us. You might want to keep your AAA install separate since AAA is planning on updates to their UI. And, though they are both compilations of Mods from the AAA site, they aren't compatible. Since the Modders were VERY busy in September and October, I plan on having an update out by the end of the month. Please let me know if you have any difficulties or questions.
    "If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.”—Samuel Adams

352ndFG - By the Community, For the Community...

Oops, Coster is right, and I didn't read your message very carefully, Bong. If you used the AAA installer, you shouldn't use our update.
    Pers

Yeah, I'm on the verge of a reformat and re-install.
    PM me that link 'cos I would enjoy very much to fly with you guys and I already have a load error with the crimea map.

So, I've now done a reformat and reinstall and flown both the fresh installs of both mod packages and there are some subtle changes and a few really good things I like a lot about both but I have to say the 352nd Unified mod is the better pick overall. My frame-rates are better on my older machine with the same config settings and even though I like some of the sounds in the other mod better,it runs a lot smoother. One thing I noticed was a lot more objects were in the FMB around 900 where the others around 750 among these little gems was Windsocks in varying wind readings, repaints of many buildings and some new useful items like antenna masts, camouflaged buildings and airfield structures in various conditions. and more guys in different uniforms, great stuff guys. Now I wonder does this mean that the maps that you are working on now will include or require installing these new objects to make it compatible with the other UI? I mean if I build a map and I use the windsock object and some one runs the map in the AAA version or joins it do they get a object load error? Or do they just not "see" the object, I have no way to check this yet, but it occurred to me after I started building in it

Bong,
    As noted in the readme accompanying the installer, the 352nd's package includes most of the new mod objects found on the AAA site. Our map package will include the new objects our team has created for this project. To answer your question, if you fly on a map that has objects that you don't, you won't see them. Also, if a map contains object that you don't have in your static.ini file, you won't be able to save the map.
    "If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.”—Samuel Adams

352ndFG - By the Community, For the Community...

Hi Guys

Only new to the 352nd and new to the air sim as I was more for feet on ground actual excelerator pedal but as there are so many add ons and installers it has quite a nightmare. Are the bugs all out of your installer and is worth the download, also has it been made reasonably simple as I have seen some where you have to go in and change ini files which sounds good but if you make a mistake then its a hole new game setup.

Craig64 like the aerial shots of the airfield as of last date to this thread are those addons finished.

Salute, Craig!

Our guest installer installs with one click, designed to be added to a clean copy of the 1946 DVD game. It's a rather substantial download but works very well. It does not contain every mod nor every map, only those that we in the 352nd fly regularly.

If you'd like a copy, drop me a PM and I'll send you the links.
    Pers