Thread: ~S~ All A Rookie Pilot here

P51Pilot

Default ~S~ All A Rookie Pilot here

~S~

I just wanted to say very nice site and alot of good info here for the rookie, and I too love the P51 it is ashame not many squadrons fly it I hope to see you guys on HL sometime

~S~

P51Pilot
    AKA Dru

Default Re: ~S~ All A Rookie Pilot here

Thanks for the nice words, keep in touch we are very active and fly Thursdays and Sundays. Let us know if you are interested in joining one of our informal flights.

Maj. Ramblin' Jack
    Training Officer
    352nd VFG

<Salute!!> Dru,

We are rarely on HL. We spend most of our flying time on private IP. If you would like to fly with us, our next session is Thursday, January 31. Let me know by email or PM and I'll send you the information on how to connect.
    Pers

Ahh, isn't he such an Angel?
    How could you possibly shoot at him?

P51Pilot

rgr Ill definately keep that in mind Thursday shouldnt be a problemn but im not really availiable until after 6pm EST

Quote Originally Posted by P51Pilot
    rgr Ill definately keep that in mind Thursday shouldnt be a problemn but im not really availiable until after 6pm EST
    Not a problem. An invitation is "in the mail".
    Pers

Quote Originally Posted by 352ndRJ
    Thanks for the nice words, keep in touch we are very active and fly Thursdays and Sundays. Let us know if you are interested in joining one of our informal flights.

Maj. Ramblin' Jack
    Training Officer
    352nd VFG
    Only been flying for about 2 months so this I'm really new at this, my question is what do I have to know/learn before I can join 352nd VFG? I have taken/completed the Basic Flight School course at joint-ops. Thanks V300FS_toocool

Too_cool,

No membership is required to fly with us on most nights, just a good attitude, lots of ammo, avgas. If you've taken the flight ops course, you'll probably be right up to speed with most of us. Hell, Persecutor still can't hit an airfield from 50' (he does hit it hard from 0', though). I started flying with the 352nd before I even knew how to turn the aircraft engine on. After about several (~5) months of flying regularly with the 352nd. After some time (5 months for me) the squad votes on whether to make you a permanent member and allow you to use the 352nd in front of your call sign. Sometimes it's longer, sometimes shorter, just depends on what's going on in the squad.

In the long run, and even without being a full member, you couldn't fly with a nicer, more knowledgeable squad. When I was learning to just take off, they helped. When I needed a target, they volunteered. Stupid questions, they answered. Multiple engines they walked me through it. And now, I help them get shot down all I can

Come fly for a while and check us out. At the very least, you'll have fun... And Blue Skies!

352ndChaco
    Nathan "Chaco" English

Quote Originally Posted by too-cool
    Only been flying for about 2 months so this I'm really new at this, my question is what do I have to know/learn before I can join 352nd VFG? I have taken/completed the Basic Flight School course at joint-ops. Thanks V300FS_toocool
    TC, an invitation is in the [e]mail to you. Hope to see you Sunday.
    Pers