Thread: Patch 1.12b

Default Patch 1.12b

I have downloaded Patch 1.12b has anyone installed yet? Is it time we all do?

http://www.lockonfiles.com/modules.p...ad&cid=135#cat

Default Re: Patch 1.12b

I was under the impression that the 1.12b was just 1.12a with modifications for VISTA users only. You know something I don't??

"War has a grim purpose and is extremely complex. Sophisticated planning and doctrine are present at every level. Yet at the point of fire battle is the essence of chaos and violence."

This is what I read, and it seems more than just for Vista.........

THIS IS THE PATCH FOR THOSE THAT HAVE THE CD LO-FC VERSION
    This patch must be installed over the original release of LockOn 1.1: Flaming Cliffs. Patch version 1.12B includes a hot fix for a RWR bug as well as fixes of various bugs found in the previous version of the game that were addressed by the 1.12 patch , there are as well as numerous improvements to it, such as:

- compatibility with the Windows Vista Operating System

- advanced model of guidance limitations for Air to Air Missiles with precise tuning,

- new multiplayer code with increased game stability,

- numerous avionics fixes and improvements,

- new input features,

- new 3D models of numerous munitions *,

- new, more advanced models of AWACS and EWR operations *,

- compatibility with the Win64 Operating System *,

- optional once-a-week disk check for the CD version *.

What do you thin?

RJ

Well, I guess the appropriate thing to do would be to set another un-modded copy of LO:FC @ 1.12a then install the 1.12b and test it out - single and multiplayer. Easy enough. I'll set one up tomorrow.

"War has a grim purpose and is extremely complex. Sophisticated planning and doctrine are present at every level. Yet at the point of fire battle is the essence of chaos and violence."

Ok, here's what I did:

1 - Make a backup copy of your "LockOn" folder - the whole thing - and then rename it "LockOn 1.12a"
    2 - Open "Lockon 1.12a" and find the "lockon.exe" file
    3 - Right-click and create a new shortcut for this lockon.exe
    4 - Rename the shortcut "Lockon 1.12a" and drag it to the desktop

Despite what I had been told i the past, I did not unistall any mods (Modman 5) before doing this upgrade. I want to see if this made patch made any "bad" changes while the mods were still installed.

Next, installation of the Patch.

1 - Find and execute "LO_Flaming_Cliffs_Patch_1.12b_EngCD.exe" (This assumes your original installtion ws made from the "LockOn Gold CD's")
    2 - Accept the defaults and run the installation. NOTE: The install will NOT ask you where your "LockOn" is installed nor will it allow you to choose which installation to patch - hence the backup we made earlier.)
    3 - The Patch will install a NEW version of the Starforce Check Disk program (modified to only require a once a week CD check)
    4 - The Patch installation WILL require a reboot

Once rebooted, do the following:

1 - Find you original desktop icon for LockOn
    2 - Rename it to "Lockon 1.12b"

Now, this fixes everything except the following:

1 - If your running LOPE, you will need to edit the ini file to change the desired directory path name
    2 - If your running Modman5, you will need to edit the options to change the desired directory path name. Note, that your Modman installed mods now exist in both the "LockOn 1.12a" and "LockOn" directories, so, this is a must do item if you're going to do any mod work that needs to be applied to either/both installed versions (12a or 12b).

You should be ready to go with either version at this point. I have not fully tested the differences pointed out in the "Readme" - that'll come later. However, I did test one of my existing missions and everything appears to be just fine.

S T O P

I have discovered a keyboard overflow error effecting ALL programs as a result of this Patch 1.12b on WinXP.

Guess what? NO UNINSTALLER!!!!

Will keep you posted.

My version 1.12a installs were screwed as well!!!

DO NOT INSTALL THIS IF YOU ARE NOT RUNNING VISTA!!!!!

I've had to uninstall everything - wipe it all out, delete it, defrag it and reinstall it.