Thread: Venturing further into the world of RC flight...

Default Venturing further into the world of RC flight...

Ya'll know I like building models. But I started dipping my toes into the world of RC also. Especially since electric RC has taken off. You can build electric powered planes that will rival the gas (glow) powered ones these days. Anyway, I started with a GWS Slow Stick and got pretty good with it. Now I dove head first and bought this GWS Bf-109E. It's an all styrofoam plane. I painted it myself. That was the fun part of it. It's got a GWS 350 electric motor which should power it to about 40-50+ mph. We will see. I'll probably crash the crap out of it on the first flight, so I figured I would post some pictures before that happens. Enjoy.

Default Re: Venturing further into the world of RC flight...

Wow, very nice Duck! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh fly it and have fun with it, you can always have your Crew Chief put her back together again. ;D

RC is a kick isn't it ;D

Beautiful paint job! Hopefully it lasts for a while, RC airplanes have short life spans. Fortunately the electrics are bringing the cost way down so that it doesn't hurt so bad when you crack one up.
    Jinks

"For most people the sky is the limit, for the pilot the sky is home" - unknown

Ya, electric is much cheaper. The kit was only $65, which included the motor. The only thing I had to add was a radio, receiver, battery, and ESC (a little chip thing that controls the current from the battery to the motor to control the speed). I was able to use all that stuff from my first plane, so it really only cost me the $65 for the kit. It took some work to build and paint it, but that was half the fun. I'm heading out of town tomorrow morning for a couple of weeks, so I probably wont get to fly it until I get back. It's still a little bit to windy outside today.