Thread: Saitek X-52

Default Saitek X-52

Just got this joystick, there are a lot of buttons to program on this thing, but has anybody got the little mouse button and the little button behind to program on the throttle portion, I am not using the SST software, just using in-game settings to program but can't get those to program, on my X-45 I could use them for Lomac and they worked great for moving the little pipper around for a target lock. Any suggestions?

Default Saitek X-52

Link,
    I just got a X52 also but when I tried to install all the drivers on my wind2000 system, it won't install because it says it needs a few more .dll files which I would have imagined have been included on the disc they sent with the stick. Did you have any problems?

Default Saitek X-52

I had no problems loading just the drivers, I am running Windows XP........just can't get a few of the buttons on the throttle to program to the game, works great in FB!!!!! I guess I will have to try and decifer the dreaded SST software to use it for Lomac.

Deac, I would check the Saitek forums or post a question there, maybe there is something in windows 2000 that is messing with the software?

Default Saitek X-52

Deacon,

Did that system have the X-45 on it before you put the X-52 on it?

I remember reading somewhere that when you uninstall the old X-45 software, that you have to run some obscure special program to wipe out any existence of it from the registry "before" installing the new version. It may be your getting the "missing *.dll's" message because to junk registry entries from the old X-45. Something to check?

Link,

Are you referring to "Mouse Fire" or "Mouse Cursor" or "POV Hat 3"?
    "War has a grim purpose and is extremely complex. Sophisticated planning and doctrine are present at every level. Yet at the point of fire battle is the essence of chaos and violence."

Default Saitek X-52

yes sir, that would be them

Default Saitek X-52

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar
    Deacon,

Did that system have the X-45 on it before you put the X-52 on it?

I remember reading somewhere that when you uninstall the old X-45 software, that you have to run some obscure special program to wipe out any existence of it from the registry "before" installing the new version. It may be your getting the "missing *.dll's" message because to junk registry entries from the old X-45. Something to check?

Link,

Are you referring to "Mouse Fire" or "Mouse Cursor" or "POV Hat 3"?
    See this thread.....http://www.saitekforum.com/showthread.php?t=8364

Also Deacon NEVER!!! use the disk that comes with the stick..Go to the site and D/L the latest software......

Default Saitek X-52

I went to the Saitek site before loading my software, they did not have any drivers for the X52 available to click on the day I went to their site, maybe they do now?

Default Saitek X-52

Link, the newest drivers and SST program comes from the forum. I'll send you a link in another email for you to d/l them.
    Deacon