PDA

View Full Version : German Radar Installations and other objects

Kopfdorfer
08-21-2009, 12:53 AM
Just wondering whether you guys had given any thought to including objects comprising the German Radar defense chain in your late war cross Channel Map(s).
Kammhuber Line Himmelbitt Stations - layouts could be pre-existing objects in themselves.
Other significant objects would be :
Radar Transmitters : Wurzburg Mobile, Wurzburg Reise, Freya, Wasserman (all very different in appearance, size and attributes).
Other key objects missing from the unmodded game (and all current mods as far as I am aware) would be :
rangefinder crews (both German and British)
Sdkfz 251 with Spotlights mounted (I don't know the variant # offhand)
2.0 and 3.7 cm FlaK LKW Trucks
Sdkfz 251 + FlaK 38 20mm
Sdkfz 251 + 2 x 15mm MG
Sdkfz 7/1 halftrack + FlaKvierling 4 x 20mm
FlaKpanzer38 (FlaK 38 20mm mounted on a Pzkw38T chassis)
37 FlaK Pz IV (37mm FlaK41mounted on a PzkwIV Chassis - known as a Mobelwagen - "furniture van")
FlaKvierling 4 x 20mm
FlaK 41 88mm (better range and ROF than FlaK 18 88mm)
Allied Meteorology Balloons (used in Battle for the Scheldt and the Rhineland for Artillery Accuracy data)
FlaK 10.5mm
FlaK 12.8 cm
Himmelbet Controller Stations (for directing Wild and Zahme Sau night fighters)

These are just off the top of my head, but I am sure others will have further thoughts. I hope I am not (just) presenting a "wish list", rather rationalizing some items that would if included raise immersion and enjoyment in these new maps, and did historically play a pertinent role in the campaign on the continent from 1943-45.

Sincerely ,

Kopfdorfer

JV69_BADA
08-21-2009, 03:10 AM
Working on a Low Poly 3d model of FREYA FugMG401 LZA, from this model i'll be able to built also Freya LZC, FuS An 730 Freya EGON 1+2 and even the Freya-Köthen. all those using the same operator cabin and main antenna's structure.

The only pb is that i'm learning 3ds while building this model, so it can take a while ;D