• Related 352nd FG Sites

• Teamspeak

To join the 352nd VFG Teamspeak server contact the XO or CO at the email link on the bottom of the Home page of this site.
  • RJ's Reno Air Race Visit -- 2004

A brief photo essay....

Created November 7, 2004

Every September since 1964, (with the exception of 2001), the skies over Reno have given way to the roar of engines from a by-gone era. Mustangs, Corsairs, Lightnings, Cobras, Bearcats, and Seafuries just to name a few, have competed in the world's fastest motor sport. With speeds approaching 500 mph it is only the highly modified planes that bring home the gold. However, the greatest source of entertainment are the stock aircraft that represent one of the United States greatest achievements in aircraft production. Ten's of thousands of these aircraft were produced and instrumental in the Allied Armies winning the war. Today there are few flying examples of these fine aircraft, and thanks to the hard work and dedication by their owners you can still see and hear the awesome thunder of the by-gone era of the "Big War Birds".

(click on the image for a larger (1024x768) picture)

Hawker Seafury "September Pop" being repositioned after a successful qualifying run.

A Hawker Seafury 'September Pop'

A very rare Grumman F4F Wildcat.

A Grumman F4F Wildcat

A fine example of a "Bluenosed Bastard of Bodney"

A beautiful Blue Noser

Hawker Seafury ... "I promise to top it off after I am done flying her".

Wouldn't it be sweet to be flying her?

"Dreadnought" what I wouldn't give.

Big and Beautiful!!

Grumman F7F Tigercat - at the time one of only two in the world flying. Can you imagine the insurance premium?

Sweet, sweet, sweet!!

Hawker Seafury "September Fury" - this aircraft, the Tigercat, and "September Pops" are owned by Mike Brown.

We're pretty sure it's okay to envy Mr. Brown...

"Ridge Runner" - Think of the time and energy that must go into keeping these aircraft in as good or better shape than when they were new.

So pretty, and so expensive!!

Another nice shot of "Ridge Runner"

Absolutely beautiful!!

"Ole Yeller" - If you never had a chance to see Bob Hoover perform in this aircraft you missed the greatest air show pilot flying the greatest aircraft.

Ole Yeller

Of course, there's more

• Audio

The Merlin

352nd SamDog produced a terrific "Era Radio" sound byte .... kinda takes you back 75 years or so. Click the Speaker below to enjoy. Approximate run time is seven minutes.

• Recent Forum Posts

Bushpilot

Passing by

Gents,

Just stopping by to send a hearty greeting to all of you. I hope you're all well. It's good to see you're still active. Now, with the new Normandy map coming up, I am sure a lot of Merlin's...

Bushpilot 04-24-2017, 01:38 AM Go to last post