• Related 352nd FG Sites

• Teamspeak

To join the 352nd VFG Teamspeak server contact the XO or CO at the email link on the bottom of the Home page of this site.
  • Cross-Channel Map

In the winter of 2008 members of the 352nd Virtual Fighter Group united in effort with Clockwatcher to begin development of a 1:1 scale map of the English Channel, portions of the British Isles, and Western Europe which would serve to offer an arena in which to conduct long range bomb runs and a reasonably realistic reactment of portions of the Battle of Britain.

More than two years later we were able to release the map to the community; thousands of hours of effort by most members of the 352nd with the input of literally dozens of members of the community went into the creation of the map. The map was released in May of 2010.

Shortly after the release, 242_Squog created new images for the map loading screen and in-game navigational map which, all would agree, are a great improvement over what was included originally.

We enhanced the roads, railways, forested areas, and other landmarks that might help in navigation. The revised "Squog" files have been used in the Battle of France Campaign.

As released in May of 2010 the map suffered from what can best be called "release pains"; the map offered by the 352nd varied from the map included in the Ultrapack mod package in that the latter included different texture sizes and other minor variations. After release we discovered some minor flaws which we have corrected; there was a texture problem in the ocean north and east of Guernsey, the airfield near Paris had trees in the runway areas, airfields in Belgium had not been flattened, an airfield at Rosieres-en-Santerre had not had Zuti's friction mod applied, shoreline textures and river banks on the continent were incorrect, among other small things. All these issues have been corrected, and many more. A new version is now available for download; we have labeled it "Cross Channel Map v. 1.4.1" You may obtain it on our CCM Downloads page.

• Audio

The Merlin

352nd SamDog produced a terrific "Era Radio" sound byte .... kinda takes you back 75 years or so. Click the Speaker below to enjoy. Approximate run time is seven minutes.

• Recent Forum Posts

352nd Persecutor

Irish, As IL-2 evolved from its initial...

Irish,

As IL-2 evolved from its initial release it became, from IL-2 Sturmovik, to IL-2 Forgotten Battles and Ace Expansion Pack. Somewhere along the line (been years, I've forgotten the details)...

352nd Persecutor 03-22-2017, 10:03 AM Go to last post
    O'Donovan

I mentioned him in the post about DCS WWII...

I mentioned him in the post about DCS WWII failing. Then I specifically left him OUT of the picture when I said ED could contract with 1C to finish DCS WWII. 1C is a major game company with a large...

O'Donovan 03-19-2017, 05:02 PM Go to last post