• Related 352nd FG Sites

• Teamspeak

To join the 352nd VFG Teamspeak server contact the XO or CO at the email link on the bottom of the Home page of this site.
  • Too-Cool

Call sign: 352nd_TooCool
    Aircraft No: 16, "T" in Squad Lettering
    Enlistment Date: April 17, 2008
    Duties Pilot
    Commendations:
    * Distinguished Flying Cross * Air Medal
    Air Achievement Medal Air Force Commendation Medal
    Combat Readiness Medal * Ploesti Raid Ribbon
    * Yamamoto Mission Pacific Flight Missions
    * Order of the Rising Sun, 4th Class
    Inter-Squad Competitions:
    Scoreboard
    Inter-Squad
    matches only.
    Air-to-Air Victories
    Successful Bomb Run

Hometown: Lawton, OK, USA
    Web Page, Projects, Special Interests, etc: Computer, Football (when the Redskins are winning), Tennis
    Profile: Born and raised in NE Washington DC, I never gave any thought to flying. In fact I had never really seen a airplane up close other than at the Air and Space Museum until that one fateful day in 1969 when I got involved with the US Government. The US Government provided me with an all expense paid vacation to Ft. Sill Oklahoma via another one of their lavish resorts named Ft. Bragg, located in a very exclusive area of North Carolina.

For some reason from that very first flight it seemed as if the US Government has decided it would, at no cost to me, insure that all my travel by air was first class and absolutely free; their only requirement was that I boarded a specific plane taking off from a specific location at a specific time. Talk about feeling special! I was on cloud nine. Even though all the flights that were provided were not really places I wanted to visit, nevertheless I was hooked.

Then, one day I received a free flight to a place everyone was calling Nam located somewhere in SE Asia. Thatís when I really fell in love with flying; for the first time I found myself setting in the open door of a funny looking airplane with two spinning blades on the top and a small one on the tail. Talk about front row seats; you couldnít ask for anything better that provided such a open view of the world!

Than there came a time that the US Government stopped providing me with free flights. For a number of years after I found other things to do to fill in the void and emptiness that was left. So I found other things to occupy my time -- man I didnít know that raising a family was so hard. My mom and dad didnít give me the slightest clue that it would be this hard; what a wake up!

Anyway, I then turned my attention to the Internet and that thing called surfing and low and behold I found a site called Joint Operations -- a school that would teach you how to fly. The only requirements other than the enrollment was that you would have to purchase a program called IL2 Sturmovik and a few other supplies that would be needed to attend, if accepted. The best thing about this was that you didnít have to have any flight knowledge or experience -- only the willingness to learn. I submitted my application and was accepted.

After completing a few of the courses offered by Joint Operations I learned of a group that specialize in the same A/C I choose during my JO training. The group was accepting applications; I was a little hesitant at first, especially after visiting their web site (352ndfg.com/IL2) and seeing how professional it looked. Once I read through the introduction by the Group Commander, Col. Deacon, I felt really at ease, when I read:

ď We welcome you to the home of the 352nd Fighter Group.

"The main ideas here are truth, honesty & pride...sprinkled heavily with laughter, fond memories & memorable missions both long and short. The 'pilots' of this Fighter Group share a common goal and a common mission...Realism.

"Realism is one of our highest goals but at the top of the list is the fun we have with our fellow pilots. Our members' ages range through several decades but that is not important.

"Fly with us and you will also have more fun than you can find any place else !!!Ē

When I tell you that there was never a statement that was so true, and the fact that this group was flying the P-51 Mustang, that was like god sent to me. And once I met the members of this group, as a visitor and later as a member, I couldnít have chosen a better Group in which to become a member. Like JO, no experience necessary -- all your training would be provided by the very best Sim Pilot out there.

Donít get me wrong, just because youíre new, these guys show no mercy and will shoot you down in a heart beat, and thatís why this is the best Group you could possibly be a member of because they are not flaming you because youíre new, they are encouraging you to apply the techniques they are teaching and at the same time helping you become a better pilot. Where else could you find a better way to spend time than with people who share your enthusiasm in becoming the best Sim Pilot out there and at the same time having a hell of a lot of fun doing it? Come fly with us Bastards.

TC,
    328th FS, 352nd FG

• Audio

The Merlin

352nd SamDog produced a terrific "Era Radio" sound byte .... kinda takes you back 75 years or so. Click the Speaker below to enjoy. Approximate run time is seven minutes.

• Recent Forum Posts

Bushpilot

Passing by

Gents,

Just stopping by to send a hearty greeting to all of you. I hope you're all well. It's good to see you're still active. Now, with the new Normandy map coming up, I am sure a lot of Merlin's...

Bushpilot 04-24-2017, 01:38 AM Go to last post